• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Restaurant recommendations for a birthday dinner

siddious

I want to do a dinner/drinks thing for my girlfriends birthday but I don't really go out that much these days and don't know of any good places.

I want the ambiance to be fun but the food to be good. Preferably in Manhattan but Brooklyn could work too. Cuisine can be anything as long as its not only seafood. It will probably between 8-15 people so I need a place who can accommodate that without a problem.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

I want to do a dinner/drinks thing for my girlfriends birthday but I don't really go out that much these days and don't know of any good places.

I want the ambiance to be fun but the food to be good. Preferably in Manhattan but Brooklyn could work too. Cuisine can be anything as long as its not only seafood. It will probably between 8-15 people so I need a place who can accommodate that without a problem.

Gyu Kaku at Cooper Sq.

Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. But that requires two things:

A) Your girlfriend loving steak

B) Your friends paying for themselves, and you being prepared to pay A LOT for you and your girlfriend

Gyu Kaku at Cooper Sq.

like the ambiance. food looks good but im not sure if i want to do a place where you cook your own food for this event (although im still considering it) haha. any other ideas?

Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. But that requires two things:

A) Your girlfriend loving steak

B) Your friends paying for themselves, and you being prepared to pay A LOT for you and your girlfriend

My gf is awesome she loves steak. Might consider this idea too.

DBGB.

Classy, yet reasonably priced. If you're not aiming to be a fatass, you can have a solid dinner, dessert and a drink for around ~45-50 a head.

If you're looking to spend a bit more, get everyone involved in the Spice Market tasting menu. It's $49.99 a head (if I recall correctly) and the food is BOMB. It's southeast Asian fusion cuisine, so seafood is definitely on the menu though you could opt out of seafood and ask for replacements.

wouldve had a good rec for an alternate steak place but not sure if they can fit your party. Its called St. Anselm in Williamsburg. Theres a pretty cool bar next door with really hipstery beers and stuff and a nice beer garden in the back, which is affiliated with the restaurant so you have a drink while you wait for your table.

If you like Southern Food, Guy Fieri's American Kitchen & Bar is pretty good. The food is decently priced and is pretty good. The only thing that sucks is that its right in Times Square and you need to make a reservation. We made a reservation and we bypassed almost an hour wait. The other thing to look for is that they hand out flyers in Times Square for it, its right off of Broadway so this is how they let people know its over there, and the coupon gives you a free beer, which is a good way to start the night.

Dinosaur BBQ is also excellent, you just have to go up to 125 Street right off of Broadway.

DBDG is so fucking loud that you cant have a conversation.

If you are into Mediterranean, Illili, its on 23rd and 5th i think. Had my wedding "rehearsal" lunch there.

For good BBQ, John Browns Smokehouse in Queens

Donatella has some pretty good food

Phil suggested Amber Steakhouse in Greenpoint to me once, went there with a buddy before the Jay-Z concert and it was really good.

DBGB.

Classy, yet reasonably priced. If you're not aiming to be a fatass, you can have a solid dinner, dessert and a drink for around ~45-50 a head.

If you're looking to spend a bit more, get everyone involved in the Spice Market tasting menu. It's $49.99 a head (if I recall correctly) and the food is BOMB. It's southeast Asian fusion cuisine, so seafood is definitely on the menu though you could opt out of seafood and ask for replacements.

I like this recommendation. They have a private dining room too which is cool.

like the ambiance. food looks good but im not sure if i want to do a place where you cook your own food for this event (although im still considering it) haha. any other ideas?
Cooking your own food is actually the best part, it's really fun. I had a 30th Surprise party for my wife there. There were about 20 people. good times.

I'll think of more.

Cooking your own food is actually the best part, it's really fun. I had a 30th Surprise party for my wife there. There were about 20 people. good times.

I'll think of more.

Yea after exploring a few other options im heavily considering it now. My gf likes Japanese food but shes not crazy about it. Its the main thing holding me back.

Anyone eat here?

http://supperrestaurant.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/supper-restaurant-new-york

they have a private dining room and prices seem to be really fair. food sounds pretty damn good haha

Yea after exploring a few other options im heavily considering it now. My gf likes Japanese food but shes not crazy about it. Its the main thing holding me back.
Not Japanese. Korean BBQ. It's not very "Asian" themed at all. They have S'Mores for dessert for chirssakes! haha.

Archived