• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

It's been plenty cold. I don't care for lack of snow. Snow = damage, to everything, no matter who people try to spin it otherwise. I'm fine with cold, it's precipitation in any form that I hate. Give me the sun, whether it's 25 or 85, I couldn't care less.

I'll concede to this.

Fuck the winter, and consequently, screw the Koch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one wants bitter cold. 30's is cold enough. You want it colder than that, move to Siberia!

The equivalent to what you just said:

No one wants blistering heat. 70's are hot enough. You want it hotter than that, move to the Equator!

The equivalent to what you just said:

No one wants blistering heat. 70's are hot enough. You want it hotter than that, move to the Equator!

I would, but I'm stuck here. i'd love to live in Florida. But since I can't, I don't want to deal with the pain of cracked skin and lips, the cold that you feel in your bones, snow, ice, and the other shit. I can deal with 30's and 40's with out issue. It's when you feel like your going to lose fingers in toes while walking thru a parking lot to your car that gets me fucking heated. And the fact that you LIKE that boggles my mind.

I would, but I'm stuck here. i'd love to live in Florida. But since I can't, I don't want to deal with the pain of cracked skin and lips, the cold that you feel in your bones, snow, ice, and the other shit. I can deal with 30's and 40's with out issue. It's when you feel like your going to lose fingers in toes while walking thru a parking lot to your car that gets me fucking heated. And the fact that you LIKE that boggles my mind.

What are you a woman? Put your chap stick on and shut up! :D

You, just like most people, I'm willing to bet, do not dress properly for winter weather.

Layers (and types of layers) matter, much more so than a large coat or $5 pair of cheap gloves you buy from the guy on the corner selling them off a folding table.

If you layered with the right types of clothing (gortex, fleece, thermal, etc) you'd have a much easier time in weather like this.

And Florida is not the equator, bud. Your own logic works against you here. If you like heat and humidity so much, move to the hottest, most humid part of the country. It's what you told me (in reverse) about moving to Siberia (the Arctic Circle).

You, just like most people, I'm willing to bet, do not dress properly for winter weather.

Layers (and types of layers) matter, much more so than a large coat or $5 pair of cheap gloves you buy from the guy on the corner selling them off a folding table.

If you layered with the right types of clothing (gortex, fleece, thermal, etc) you'd have a much easier time in weather like this.

And Florida is not the equator, bud. Your own logic works against you here. If you like heat and humidity so much, move to the hottest, most humid part of the country. It's what you told me (in reverse) about moving to Siberia (the Arctic Circle).

I drive everywhere. If I get into my car in 900 layers, I'll be sweating my balls of in 5 minutes. It doesn't make sense. I go from my car, to my office and back. But when I have to carry groceries across a parking lot, that bitter fucking colds bites thru my ear muffs and the TWO pairs of gloves I'm wearing. It's disgusting. I also play hockey outdoors, so I can't do anything more than underarmour under my gear.

I don't need it to be 900 degrees out to enjoy it. I just like anything 50 and above. I'm just as happy in 55 degree weather as I am in 99 degree weather. You on the other hand, seem to ONLY be happy in bitter cold with shitty snow and sleet everywhere. Why? I have no idea.

I drive everywhere. If I get into my car in 900 layers, I'll be sweating my balls of in 5 minutes. It doesn't make sense. I go from my car, to my office and back. But when I have to carry groceries across a parking lot, that bitter fucking colds bites thru my ear muffs and the TWO pairs of gloves I'm wearing. It's disgusting. I also play hockey outdoors, so I can't do anything more than underarmour under my gear.

I don't need it to be 900 degrees out to enjoy it. I just like anything 50 and above. I'm just as happy in 55 degree weather as I am in 99 degree weather. You on the other hand, seem to ONLY be happy in bitter cold with shitty snow and sleet everywhere. Why? I have no idea.

That's why I said types of layers matter. If you are in and out of climates like that, invest in polyester/spandex materials, and make sure your outermost shell/coat is Gore-Tex to cut down on wind chill. Polyester/spandex allows your body to stay both cool and warm depending on which climate you are in.

Ear muffs are also utterly pointless. Get an insulated hat. You freeze because you probably leave both your neck and head fully exposed — the two areas of your body you should be insulating most in weather like this.

This is exactly why I hate summer. No matter how cold it gets, there is always a solution to maintain your body heat. In the summer, it's air conditioning or a pool. If you have neither, you are fucked, and both are incredibly expensive.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

Oh, please screen the goalie while I'm shooting...

Took a wicked shot to the thigh last week. You see my FB pic? It bruised so disgustingly lol. It healed up after about a week and a half though lol. Bruises used to last MONTHS for me.

That's why I said types of layers matter. If you are in and out of climates like that, invest in polyester/spandex materials, and make sure your outermost shell/coat is Gore-Tex to cut down on wind chill. Polyester/spandex allows your body to stay both cool and warm depending on which climate you are in.

Ear muffs are also utterly pointless. Get an insulated hat. You freeze because you probably leave both your neck and head fully exposed — the two areas of your body you should be insulating most in weather like this.

This is exactly why I hate summer. No matter how cold it gets, there is always a solution to maintain your body heat. In the summer, it's air conditioning or a pool. If you have neither, you are fucked, and both are incredibly expensive.

I'm not going to well gortex like George Costanza, nor am I going to wear a down jacket like some sort of slim shady lol. I'll stick yo my wool peacoat. I usually do wear a hat and i put a scarf around my neck. I also wear gloves. My fingers and toes still go numb.

But who the fuck WANTS to carry all that shit around and deal with the cold? What do I do with all that shit when I'm sitting in Madison Square Garden? Put it on my seat so I can't sit, or put it on the floor so some douche spill beer all over it? It's just annoying. There's no necessity for it to be that cold. I just don't get you. You don't like 90+ degree weather. Fine. But why isn't 40 good enough? Why does it have to be so extreme for you to be happy?

I'm not going to well gortex like George Costanza, nor am I going to wear a down jacket like some sort of slim shady lol. I'll stick yo my wool peacoat. I usually do wear a hat and i put a scarf around my neck. I also wear gloves. My fingers and toes still go numb.

But who the fuck WANTS to carry all that shit around and deal with the cold? What do I do with all that shit when I'm sitting in Madison Square Garden? Put it on my seat so I can't sit, or put it on the floor so some douche spill beer all over it? It's just annoying. There's no necessity for it to be that cold. I just don't get you. You don't like 90+ degree weather. Fine. But why isn't 40 good enough? Why does it have to be so extreme for you to be happy?

You're not listening...

1. Costanza wasn't wearing Gore-Tex. He was wearing a down coat, same as Shady.

2. My point is if you are talking about freezing, you need to wear the PROPER layers, not just any layers. A Gore-Tex coat is a standard sized coat, often smaller and less bulky than down or even peacoats (wool). This is a Gore-Tex coat:

http://www.cheapdenalijacket.org/images/Mens-The-North-Face-Gore-Tex-Windproof-3-in-1-Jacket-In-Black.jpg

Notice how thin it is? It's designed to be worn with layers. If you combined that with what you normally wear, plus a T1 or T2 Techwick polyester under shirt ($20-30) you'd be completely comfortable.

Ever notice hikers who go up mountains don't wear giant bubble jackets? It's because they wear multiple layers of polyester (often Techwick to dispense any sweat) beneath Gore-Tex coats.

There is nothing to "carry around" here. If you actually wore all these layers properly you could go from your office, to your car, to the Garden and home again without ever so much as having to do much more than simply removing your coat.

But for the record, 40 is fine weather. I just want snow (because I like it), and know it needs to be colder to have it. I also say I want it cold because it actually feels like winter then and gives me a chance to use all my layers and winter gear. Having it sit at 51 degrees all winter is just a remidner/precursor to knowing that a disgusting summer is around the corner.

Edited by Phil in Absentia