• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

For the Final Time in the Regular Season, it Is Time to Lift Our Glass and Cheers the 2023-24 Presidents Trophy Winning New York Rangers

This is a team that walked into this year with myriad of questions. How would they answer the bell after last years season ended in catastrophe? How would Laviolette vibe with this group that went largely unchanged following that fizzle? How would our most important forward respond to criticism about his play not being up to snuff for his price tag? How would this team approach a very important season given where they are at in their development as a group?

55 wins. Most ever by a Rangers team in a single season. 114 Points. Most ever by a Rangers team in a single season. Panarin responds with 49 goals and 120 points. An unbelievable season.

Division Champs. 1st in a very good Eastern Conference. 1st overall, above many other elite teams, in the entire league. Just mind blowing.

At some points in the next few weeks, months, we are all going to lose our minds. We are going to flirt with less-than-optimal situations where we may be down. But with this team, they have earned the right to have our belief that they are never out. They have answered the bell all season and have done everything possible to wash the bad taste of last year out of our mouths.

This isn’t going to be a 16-0 run to ecstasy. Not even close. Bumps will occur. But before this crazy ride even gets under way, definitely time to salute this team for their franchise record season, in a year where many questions were posed about the makeup and character of this group. An absolutely awesome ride that I hope takes us all the way through June and down the Canyon of Heroes, where they belong.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 2

Regardless how they do in the playoffs, it has been a great, satisfying regular season to watch.  Thanks Rangers for a wonderful regular season. The only thing that would top this is the cup.  Lets Gooooooooooooo!!!

• Believe 1

The real season is just beginning, but damn, this was a magical regular season. They had a time in January where they were average at best, but basically went wire to wire leading the division. Monster winning streaks and insanely consistent, career years from some guys. Lafreniere blossomed, along with some others, a memorable win outdoors. Chock full of fun and memories.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

The last time the Rangers won the Cup:

They won the President's Trophy.

America hosted the World Cup.

There was a Spring solar eclipse.

OJ Simpson was in the news.

There was an earthquake in the NY/NJ area.

🤯

Lionel Ritchie What GIF

One thing that just popped into my head that was special right off the bat was that 5-0 western trip they did early in the season. They started out 2-2 and go out there and do something this franchise had never done. That's when I knew they were all in with this coach and staff and as a group. They never looked back. Really only one bad month, two tops, all year. That was nothing. Insanely good and consistent.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

One thing that just popped into my head that was special right off the bat was that 5-0 western trip they did early in the season. They started out 2-2 and go out there and do something this franchise had never done. That's when I knew they were all in with this coach and staff and as a group. They never looked back. Really only one bad month, two tops, all year. That was nothing. Insanely good and consistent.

So should we equate the early west coast trip to the 94 London preseason trip?

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So should we equate the early west coast trip to the 94 London preseason trip?

Not at all, although it might have helped that year. I just thought at that moment these guys were really legit and it was going to be a fun year. Glad I was right. 

Edited by Sharpshooter