• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gene Carr Passes Away

Gene Carr, who played eight NHL seasons with five teams from 1971-79, has died. He was 72.

The former center had 215 points (79 goals, 136 assists) in 465 games with the St. Louis Blues, New York Rangers, Los Angeles Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins and Atlanta Flames and 13 points (five goals, eight assists) in 35 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

https://www.nhl.com/news/gene-carr-obituary-december-14-2023

According to @NYP_Brooksie:

”When Gene Carr scored on a breakaway in Game 4 against the Blackhawks to salt away sweep in 1972 semifinals, it might have generated the loudest hockey noise I have ever heard at the Garden. RIP.”

After Gentleman Jean Ratelle, Gene Carr was my next favorite player. Why? I was not the fastest skater and I really appreciated the guys with speed. Seeing him race up and down the ice kept me glued to the TV. RIP 

• Cheers 1

Couple of interesting transactions:

11-15-71 : Traded by the St. Louis Blues with Wayne Connelly and Jim Lorentz to the Rangers for André Dupont, Jack Egers and Mike Murphy.

2-15-74 Traded by the Rangers to the Los Angeles Kings for 1st round draft pick in 1977 (Ron Duguay).

Ron was another fav who could fly on the ice. 

• Phil changed the title to Gene Carr Passes Away