• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Braden Schneider Adjusting With New Rangers Partner After Slow Start

Phil

“I think it’s definitely a little bit of adjustments and a little hesitation at some points,” Schneider told The Post of his evaluation of his game so far this season. “I think as each games goes on, I feel more confident within what we’re doing. I think it’s only going to be a little bit more time. I feel like each game I’ve taken a step to getting better and better. I just want to keep that going.

The Gustafsson-Schneider pairing has been solid, mostly because the Swedish defenseman, a new arrival, has proved to be the most impactful player the Rangers have had for that third-pair role in recent years.

In 45:08 of ice time together, Gustafsson and Schneider have been on for three Rangers goals and only one against.

The Rangers have out-attempted opponents 22-7 with that duo on the ice, as well, according to Natural Stat Trick.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/22/braden-schneider-adjusting-with-new-rangers-partner/

I'm good with those two out there.  They started off pretty strong in Buffalo, and Schneider's pairing with Jones had some glaring holes, I thought.  Putting it mildly, I thought they were pretty fucking bad!

Gus has been a very good signing so far;  He's been fairly solid defensively, and seems to be adapting to Lavvy's system very well (probably because he's played for him before)...But I do like him with Schneider, and I think the chemistry of the 2 fits pretty well being Schneider is more a defensive defenseman, and Gus is more offensive.

So far, so good.  Let's see how it plays out over the next few weeks.

Just like Miller Schneider has moments he looks good and others that make you shake your head.  It's all about becoming consistent for both of them.   I would dare to say it applies to a bunch of the young Rangers.   Hopefully with an actual system they all develop more consistent good play and less disappointing or disappearing play.