• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Carl Hagelin Announces Retirement Due to Eye Injury

Phil

Fucking sucks. I loved him the second he came up. And I hated HATED trading him. I remember saying to a friend that he was the kind of guy who is a glue guy on a Cup winner back in early 2013-14. And sure as shit, we almost went on to win that year then he moved on and grabbed a few elsewhere. Very good career in a short period. Sucks it ended the way it did. Very good Ranger.

Didn't they trade him for Emerson Etem? LOL Holy fuck. I hated trading him anyway. He was a fun player and one of my favorites from that group. I'll always remember him celebrating his series clinching overtime goal against the Penguins on his stomach.

He had himself an excellent career, and was glad he was able to win a championship, even though it was for Pittsburgh. Sad to end that, though. I never like when players can't end their careers on their own terms.

On 8/30/2023 at 8:41 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Didn't they trade him for Emerson Etem? LOL Holy fuck. I hated trading him anyway. He was a fun player and one of my favorites from that group. I'll always remember him celebrating his series clinching overtime goal against the Penguins on his stomach.

He had himself an excellent career, and was glad he was able to win a championship, even though it was for Pittsburgh. Sad to end that, though. I never like when players can't end their careers on their own terms.

I never liked when players won their championships with Penguins.  Fuck Pittsburgh Penguins!’  Fuck Carl Hagelin!

Edited by CCCP