• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

David Krejci to Announce Retirement 'Very Soon'

Phil

44 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Between this and Bergeron retiring, kind of an end of era in Boston (well partly), except for Marchand. 

What do you mean kind of? LOL.

They may not even be a playoff team at this rate. Pavel Zacha is their first-line center.

This whole thing is weird. 
You have to think that both Bergeron and Krejci, both career Bruins, gave them a really good indication they were likely to or at least leaning towards retiring, yet they didn’t get a C or try to keep money aside to acquire one.

Really strange and seemingly careless of them, with the rest of the roster still being in good shape. 

I heard a rumor on Sean Couturier to Boston, but I can’t see them risking that. Already over 30, big contract with a lot of term, coming off 2 back surgeries and hasn’t played in like 20 months.

Edited by RangersIn7

9 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

You have to think that both Bergeron and Krejci, both career Bruins, gave them a really good indication they were likely to or at least leaning towards retiring, yet they didn’t get a C or try to keep money aside to acquire one.

Really strange and seemingly careless of them, with the rest of the roster still being in good shape. 

I heard a rumor on Sean Couturier to Boston, but I can’t see them risking that. Already over 30, big contract with a lot of term, coming off 2 back surgeries and hasn’t played in like 20 months.

They should have gotten Kevin Hayes. 

• Keeps it 100 1

11 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

They had (and have) no money. Even after moving Taylor Hall to Chicago without retention and buying out Mike Reilly, they are sitting $400k under the cap after re-signing their RFAs and new contract for Pastrnak kicking in. Not sure what you expect them to do in a salary cap world.

36 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

They had (and have) no money. Even after moving Taylor Hall to Chicago without retention and buying out Mike Reilly, they are sitting $400k under the cap after re-signing their RFAs and new contract for Pastrnak kicking in. Not sure what you expect them to do in a salary cap world.

That’s basically what I said. 

2 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

That’s basically what I said. 

14 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

That's not really what I got from your post. There was no money to keep aside. They shed salary, and still ended up with this.