• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers to Name Keith Jones President of Hockey Operations; Daniel Briere to Be GM

I don't understand the role of these "Presidents" with separate GMs.  I think the Rangers made the right move in having just one person.  The sorry state of the Flyers represents at least a small consolation to the ascendance of the Devils.

7 hours ago, CCCP said:

I like Keith Jones. Very levelheaded commentator. Not sure why have an issue with him

I do like him as a commentator, but he won't get much love here in general because he's very anti-Ranger. lol

You wouldn't expect anything less from a former Flyer and Capital.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’m going to pretend you didn’t make this post about the 2nd worst anti-Rangers personality on TV (Ferraro 1st).

Never noticed him being anti-rangers. Actually the opposite. Neither did Ferraro. I think you guys are just paranoid. 

• Keeps it 100 2

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You never noticed? During the Rangers/Devils series, they both sounded rather sad when the Rangers did something positive (like score), compared to New Jersey. You can hear it in their voices.

Nope. Not once. 

4 hours ago, CCCP said:

Never noticed him being anti-rangers. Actually the opposite. Neither did Ferraro. I think you guys are just paranoid. 

This. I guess not fawning over the Rangers is anti-Rangers?

• Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Agree, I've said that before. If you watch them do other games, if a team is playing shitty, they call it out and it becomes a storyline for the game. If folks think these guys are anti-Rangers, I'd say it's probably more like the Rangers play shitty when they are national.

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

It’s not about fawning. Just as an example, it’s things like vigorously focusing on a missed penalty on a Ranger, and basically ignoring that they happen when teams are reversed.

They don’t all do it, so it’s not some Rangers rose colored glasses here saying everyone is anti-Rangers. It’s Ferraro as the most egregious offender right now. Jones is/was less egregious, but still bad. Pierre Mcguire was mentioned here too, but I don’t think he was anti-Ranger as much as he just had a fetish for Crosby and the Pens during their glory years. The Rangers just happened to play them a lot on national tv and playoffs.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

didnt Ferraro play for the rangers during the dark ages?  Doubt they treated him badly to be anti-rangers.  I dont see it

I believe e they signed him and traded him halfway through his first year with the Rangers so he probably still holds a grudge.

• Bullseye 1