• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NYR Podcast Q?

4EverRangerFrank

Ahhh damn, there used to be a great podcast thread that must have died in a move/purge, though I don’t really remember any NYR specific podcasts. I quite liked the podcasts for the whole league...

When I was driving a lot back in April, I was listening to Jeff Marek show, Steve Dangle (stay the fuck away unless you want to be bombarded with childish humor and tons of Maple Leafs whining), and 32 thoughts (probably 31 thoughts back then). 

The only NYR centric pod cast I would recommend is the Vince mercogliano podcast just for some insight into the team. Other than that it’s nothing special. 

everything else is just awful. The Ryan Meade one alone makes me wanna floss my brain with barbed wire. Pucks and brews is literally made in a basement. I’ve never listened to sb nation or Blueshirts banter but I would assume they’re not great either. 

3 hours ago, siddious said:

The only NYR centric pod cast I would recommend is the Vince mercogliano podcast just for some insight into the team. Other than that it’s nothing special. 

everything else is just awful. The Ryan Meade one alone makes me wanna floss my brain with barbed wire. Pucks and brews is literally made in a basement. I’ve never listened to sb nation or Blueshirts banter but I would assume they’re not great either. 

This. 

most are trying to be YouTube stars or something. 

id recommend bouncing around, trying out the different ones. Maybe he’ll like some of those, just being from a different generation.

Vince's New Ice City is good. Standard format. Does interviews, analysis, some opinion. It's a spoken word version of his articles + Twitter account, basically.

Arthur Staple also has one for the Athletic called The Garden Faithful. It's fine. Mostly recap stuff. Every now and then he drops a nugget of interest.

Up in the Blueseats is sometimes good when they bring on Vally, or just to listen to Brooks' normal weekly hit. He sometimes drops info there.

I wouldn't really recommend the fan-run ones like Blueshirts Breakaway, but to each their own.

On 12/22/2022 at 9:46 PM, Phil said:

Vince's New Ice City is good. Standard format. Does interviews, analysis, some opinion. It's a spoken word version of his articles + Twitter account, basically.

Arthur Staple also has one for the Athletic called The Garden Faithful. It's fine. Mostly recap stuff. Every now and then he drops a nugget of interest.

Up in the Blueseats is sometimes good when they bring on Vally, or just to listen to Brooks' normal weekly hit. He sometimes drops info there.

I wouldn't really recommend the fan-run ones like Blueshirts Breakaway, but to each their own.

Thx Phil. My nephew is enjoy the suggestions. 👏🏻