• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3

Phil

Yeah, Volume 2 was, fine, I guess. Good story idea. It just didn't really hit like Volume 1 did. This looks like a total return to Volume 1, and it looks like it's gonna break hearts. I'm pretty sure we're losing more than one of them by the end of this one.

Spoiler

We already know Bautista (Drax) is leaving. Not sure if he'll die in canon, but his character isn't returning:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-dave-bautista-drax-exit

In fact, it's entirely possible he doesn't return in story as a result of a more heartbreaking death: Rocket Racooon.

That trailer is somber and narrated by him like a funeral. There's a sequence of shots in it, too, that really signal the end for him. This one, most of all:

Same, but it's totally happening.

Spoiler

Gunn promised heartbreak. These four shots work in sequence in the trailer, over Rocket's narration:

Fi-xKbdWAAAeOUj?format=jpg&name=900x900

Fi-xKbwXwAEGe76?format=jpg&name=900x900Fi-xKbiWIAEXhRW?format=jpg&name=900x900Fi-xKb7WYAIClC0?format=jpg&name=900x900

"We'll all fly away together, one last time, into the forever."

I mean, how much more on the nose does it get?