• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Matt Bartkowski to PTO

Lord Al

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Sign Matt Bartkowski to PTO
35 minutes ago, siddious said:

I know its a try out  and I know next to nothing about this guy but this team just insists on having a terrible 6D for some reason lol 

he'll compete with Tinordi to be the guy we all wish wasn't on the team. 

realistically though, i don't think there's anything wrong with bringing an experienced veteran to camp, who if he earns a contract will like just play in hartford and mayyyyybbbeeeeee gets called up for a couple of games here and there

23 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

he'll compete with Tinordi to be the guy we all wish wasn't on the team. 

realistically though, i don't think there's anything wrong with bringing an experienced veteran to camp, who if he earns a contract will like just play in hartford and mayyyyybbbeeeeee gets called up for a couple of games here and there

By experienced, do you mean old? Because he got 3 NHL games more than Filip Chytil.

How do you even end up looking at a player like this? 34 years old, 2 NHL games the last 4 years, 250~ NHL games in total.

24 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

By experienced, do you mean old? Because he got 3 NHL games more than Filip Chytil.

How do you even end up looking at a player like this? 34 years old, 2 NHL games the last 4 years, 250~ NHL games in total.

Experienced in the sense that he's grinded his way to a 12 year pro hockey career. Gotta respect that at least. Like I said, he'll play in Hartford. Probably the whole season. He could theoretically just go to Hartford's camp then but maybe at least Gallant and Co. want to get a look at him to see if he's call-up worthy in a pinch

• Like 1

Drury's bottom of the barrel signings -- Nemeth; Tinordi; Reaves (extension); Hunt; McKegg; Carpenter; Bitteto; Johnson; Bartkowski --tend to be curious and really worthless.  Blackwell was the only such signing who really contributed.  I guess Rooney was ok, in spite of going 60 games or whatever without a goal.