• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Your Favorite Non Finals/Cup Rangers Team of All Time?

Keirik

59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, having Messier and Gretzky together that one year was magical. His hat trick against Florida is also a special memory. Having Wayne here along with some of those beloved Rangers from 1994 and before, it was just a really cool mix of guys. I loved that team. If I recall didn't Kovalev get hurt and missed all or most of the postseason? I think they did have some injury problems late, or else they might have had a great shot at winning the Cup.

They were extremely banged up. They had guys like Gernander taking shifts in the playoffs. Kovalev missed most of the year and all of the playoffs with a knee injury I believe. But like I said, I do remember him trying to get back and the rumor was he’d be back in Game 6. Probably not 100% but any reinforcements would have been nice. 

They were dogs against Florida, the defending Conference Champs, and the Devils, who were the 1 seed. And after losing Game 1 in both series, came back and won 4 straight against both. Same happened with Philly, where we lost Game 1, rebounded in Game 2 but then Philly came back and blew our doors off with some heartbreakers. Again, would have been nice to see how we matched up against them with a full (or close to full) normal roster. Rangers were very banged up. But Gretzky played amazing.

Edited by RichieNextel305