• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pronman: New York Rangers Rank No. 9 in NHL Pipeline Rankings for 2022

Phil

Some interesting entries:

3. Kaapo Kakko, RW

Analysis: Kakko’s development hasn’t gone as planned even though he’s a solid NHL player by age 20, and I think he will be better in time. I still see a skilled, powerful winger who, as he’s matured, has found more ways to get inside and use his body to create offense. I just haven’t seen the high-end creativity and instincts I saw at lower levels, and when combined with a lack of speed that leaves a lack of dimensions for Kakko to be dangerous. With some time I still see a good top-six winger, but not the difference maker I envisioned when he was an 18-year-old.

6. Brennan Othmann, LW

Analysis: Othmann had a big season in the OHL, scoring 50 goals and being one of the top overall players in the league. He can beat you with his skill and playmaking, but shot is his main weapon. He’s a legit threat to score from range due to his wrist shot and one-timer. Othmann has great offensive abilities, but he also plays hard and has an edge to his game. His only downside is a lack of NHL quickness, but everything else about his game says top-six forward, which is what I think he ultimately becomes.

8. Vitali Kravtsov, RW

Analysis: Kravtsov went back to Russia after not making the Rangers out of camp. In limited game action he was strong in the KHL including a great playoff run. There’s no doubting the talent — Kravtsov has legit NHL skills, especially for a big winger. He can beat pro defensemen one-on-one often and he sees the ice well. With Kravtsov it’s always just been about his compete level and whether he has enough pace in his game. He’s so talented he’s going to get a lot of NHL games, and if he hits he can be a legit top-six forward if not better, but it’s hard to look at his tumultuous career to date and feel confident that’s going to happen.

9. Will Cuylle, LW

Analysis: Cuylle had a strong season, being a top forward in the OHL and making Canada’s U20 team. Cuylle is a highly intriguing pro prospect due to being a big winger with offensive skill and goal-scoring ability. He also has some physicality in his game and provides value in several ways. I don’t know if he’s going to drive a line as a pro, due to lacking speed and playmaking in his game, but I think he’s for sure a bottom-six forward and has a legit chance to be more than that if the offense really translates.

12. Adam Sýkora, LW

Analysis: Sykora has good puck skills, vision, a high compete level and has shown at an early age he can be a versatile player versus pros. Sykora is 5-foot-10, though, and while he has decent skating ability and some offense, the question is whether that toolkit has enough to it for him to be a full-time NHL player. He is one of the youngest players in the draft class, so there is room for projection and I could see him getting some games.

https://theathletic.com/3514792/2022/08/24/new-york-rangers-nhl-pipeline-rankings-prospects/

57 minutes ago, siddious said:

@josh re-Cuylle being bottom 6

still hope you’re right.

also it’s clear that t this won’t be a fast team in the coming years which may be a problem. 

Pronman says Garands skating is above NHL average.

he also can’t “rate” shots of rangers prospects that have been playing professional hockey for years. 

• LOL 1