• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sens Re-Sign Josh Norris to 8-Year/$63.6m Extension; $7.95m AAV

Phil

17 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Imagine turning Erik Karlsson into this guy and Stutzle. What a masterclass by Dorion. 35 goals in 66 games, and their entire top-6 is much better this year. Ottawa is the team to watch. 

He might be the most underrated GM in the league. That Sens roster is really good. And it's been built almost entirely through the draft and trades. Their top-six next season is going to be lethal.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson

DeBrincat-Stutzle-Giroux

They need help on defense still, pretty badly on the right (Hamonic, Zub, Zaitsev), but up front, that's a group of players worthy of envy.

5 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

and how much are they willing to spend when both DeBrincat and Stutzle need new deals next summer?

Stutzle hasn't broken their bank. That's a bridge deal, I'd think. DeBrincat may walk. He's getting paid.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

Stutzle hasn't broken their bank. That's a bridge deal, I'd think. DeBrincat may walk. He's getting paid.

I guess they can hope for that, but Stutzle just watched Norris get paid after one season of 35 goals and 55 points in 66 games.  They gave Tkachuk over $8 before he ever topped 50 points.  Now Stutzle, coming off of 22 goals and 58 points in 79 games, is gonna play on a line with DeBrincat and Giroux?  He's gonna want, and deserve, to be  paid more than Tkachuk and Norris.

Edited by Long live the King