• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Oilers Sign Jack Campbell to 5-Year/$25m Deal; $5m AAV

Phil

28 minutes ago, siddious said:

That’s… seems like a steep price for jack Campbell. 

Well it's Edmonton man, you have to pay a premium to get top end players to this dump. Even though I feel like his numbers were inflated by the Leafs, he still had a very strong season and deserving of that AAV. 

4 minutes ago, Karan said:

Well it's Edmonton man, you have to pay a premium to get top end players to this dump. Even though I feel like his numbers were inflated by the Leafs, he still had a very strong season and deserving of that AAV. 

You may be right I def didn’t watch enough of him to have a solid opinion. 

curious to see how he does.. going from one franchise that can’t win in the post season to another. 

1 minute ago, siddious said:

You may be right I def didn’t watch enough of him to have a solid opinion. 

curious to see how he does.. going from one franchise that can’t win in the post season to another. 

Well he's definitely not going to replicate his Leafs stats behind that shitty Oilers D. The Oilers will be lucky to get league average numbers out of him (e.g. 2.75ish and 0.910). But I get the feeling they'll take that just as long as he can make that next key save, given how many goals they score

• Bullseye 2

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Hard to have goaltending numbers get inflated when you play in front of the Leafs' defense. But yeah, they paid a steep price for an upgrade. He's better than Smith or Koskinen, no matter what way you cut it.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hard to have goaltending numbers get inflated when you play in front of the Leafs' defense. But yeah, they paid a steep price for an upgrade. He's better than Smith or Koskinen, no matter what way you cut it.

In relative terms. He wasn't tickling the Vezina Trophy voters by any means, but inflated compared to what he's likely to be putting up behind that putrid Oilers defense which is a steep drop off than even the Leafs leaky D-core

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Murray absolutely goes off this year. He's not far removed from being elite.

Funny, thought the same. No idea what the hell happened, but it wouldn't shock me if he just snapped out of it and dominated again, just because.