• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECF #5: Rangers vs. Lightning — Some People Pronounce it 'Win'

Phil

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, -ERIK- said:

We were beating them and then we forgot how to play offense.

Right, they could've beaten them anyway. Too bad too. They really need to get better as a franchise at closing series out. It's killed them in year's past and it happened again this year.

You couldn't have asked for a better run, though. It's too bad. They're right there with them, though. They have to get better 5 on 5, though. I've never seen it so bad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -ERIK- said:

We were beating them and then we forgot how to play offense.

I think we lost our legs.  That to me is the difference.  With the quickness factor neutralized it allowed slower TB to catch up and that took away the scoring opportunities.

Just now, ausman said:

I think we lost our legs.  That to me is the difference.  With the quickness factor neutralized it allowed slower TB to catch up and that took away the scoring opportunities.

Yes. Look at the first two games of the series. I know Tampa had a long layoff, but still. The Rangers looked fantastic and fresh. Starting in the third period or so of game three, it was a slow burn in the opposite reaction, leading to three losses in a row.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Right, they could've beaten them anyway. Too bad too. They really need to get better as a franchise at closing series out. It's killed them in year's past and it happened again this year.

You couldn't have asked for a better run, though. It's too bad. They're right there with them, though. They have to get better 5 on 5, though. I've never seen it so bad.

That's what sucks, it took a lot to get here ,all the triumphs, even though we should be an upcoming team, there is no guarantee we get this far again anytime soon and it makes me sad all day that we had this Tampa team on the  fuking ropes.

• Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

19 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Just getting schooled by the more experienced team.

IDK man. That lacks context IMO. Tampa scored both their goals on shots from the same kinds of areas. They were just better at consistently getting bodies in front. So yes, this is what great teams do in big games, because a great team just did it to us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

We could just be worn down too, all that pressure and all those games and not to mention all the little sneaky penalties Tampa has gotten away with 

1 minute ago, -ERIK- said:

That's what sucks, it took a lot to get here ,all the triumphs, even though we should be an upcoming team, there is no guarantee we get this far again anytime soon and it makes me sad all day that we had this Tampa team on the  fuking ropes.

I still think the Rangers are up and coming, but another deep run next year could be tough and there's roster decisions looming. A few guys are going to be gone.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think there’s an outside chance they can force a game 7.  It will take Igor having his very best game of the playoffs, probably pitching a shutout, and the Rangers getting a dirty goal or two.  But I’m not counting them out entirely.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, -ERIK- said:

Same thing happened in 2012, got to the Final in 2014 and this team is better than those teams.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I still think the Rangers are up and coming, but another deep run next year could be tough and there's roster decisions looming. A few guys are going to be gone.

I'm letting Copp walk and bringing back Frankie V and Motte. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I think that is likely. I still like Copp, bit he's probably going to want a lot of money. Strome likely gone too.

I'm undecided on stromer, he's obviously a great team guy and a solid player but what is he going to want.

Just now, -ERIK- said:

I'm undecided on stromer, he's obviously a great team guy and a solid player but what is he going to want.

Considering how he was in the second half overall, he didn't do himself any favors. I still think they ultimately cut bait with him anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ausman said:

I think there’s an outside chance they can force a game 7.  It will take Igor having his very best game of the playoffs, probably pitching a shutout, and the Rangers getting a dirty goal or two.  But I’m not counting them out entirely.

Yeah, Shesterkin is going to have to have an insane game for them to come out with a win.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, ausman said:

I feel the same, a lucky flukey goal maybe going our way and Shesty having a game 7 Hank performance.

It's a lot to ask of this team and a lot of pressure to be on Shesty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -ERIK- said:

I'm letting Copp walk and bringing back Frankie V and Motte. 

Motte would be a terrific 4th line signing if he's cheap enough. As solid as he is, you don't pay a 4th liner more than like $1.5M. We can't afford to. And he isn't more than a 4th liner. Not enough offensive prowess.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1

There’s a huge BLUE part of me that believes Game 7 is coming and that this group will win it. Then there’s blue me, who feels like our run was fantastical, fun and a real good primer for the future. Youngsters gained meaningful experience from not one, not two but THREE post-season series. That is a graduate program with honors for a group barely out of high school!

There is plenty to be disappointed about…and we’ll chew that fat all summer but there’s also excitement and joy from being a fan of NYR - a team on the rise. A team in the upper crust of the NHL. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Something else re: game 6.  I know it’s customary to come storming out of the room in an elimination game and expend lost of energy in the first 10 or 15 minutes.  This team should do the opposite.  Play this like a regular season road game.  Defense first, shut down and clog the center zone, patiently wait for a mistake and throw pucks at the net.

• The Chyt! 1

Just now, 4EverRangerFrank said:

There’s a huge BLUE part of me that believes Game 7 is coming and that this group will win it. Then there’s blue me, who feels like our run was fantastical, fun and a real good primer for the future. Youngsters gained meaningful experience from not one, not two but THREE post-season series. That is a graduate program with honors for a group barely out of high school!

There is plenty to be disappointed about…and we’ll chew that fat all summer but there’s also excitement and joy from being a fan of NYR - a team on the rise. A team in the upper crust of the NHL. 

With these long playoff series it feels like they got a couple of years worth of experience in one postseason, and they're right there with the defending champions. There will definitely be some turnover, but you still have to be excited about it even though this particular team had a Stanley Cup in them.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1