• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dangle — a Mystery Hockey Player a Day Game

Phil

So I play this one here and there. I’d be interested in knowing what anyone uses for a strategy? Obviously first guess is kinda “shit I know this flow “ or best guess but then what are others strategy? I kinda like hoping I get the position right and then narrow it down by number 

First step is to identify generalities — hair, head shape, shoulders, whatever. Sometimes you can see a beard, even. Then take a stab at it.

Second step is to nail down whether they're in the East or West with the hope to also get the right division.

Third is to get position.

From there, it's very rare I can't nail it.

Example: guy has long hair but no discernible beard. Doesn't look big. First guess might be someone like Carl Hagelin. Let's say it's not, but the player is in the East and plays in the Metro, but not a winger. OK, next guess would be someone not on the Caps, but in the Metro, who also fits the bill. I'd also guess someone who isn't a Swede, because that's now also eliminated.

Make sense?

• Thanks 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

First step is to identify generalities — hair, head shape, shoulders, whatever. Sometimes you can see a beard, even. Then take a stab at it.

Second step is to nail down whether they're in the East or West with the hope to also get the right division.

Third is to get position.

From there, it's very rare I can't nail it.

Example: guy has long hair but no discernible beard. Doesn't look big. First guess might be someone like Carl Hagelin. Let's say it's not, but the player is in the East and plays in the Metro, but not a winger. OK, next guess would be someone not on the Caps, but in the Metro, who also fits the bill. I'd also guess someone who isn't a Swede, because that's now also eliminated.

Make sense?

Definitely. It seems to also be rare to be a fourth liner or someone not a regular so there’s that too