• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does This Team 'Owe' PK Suban a Serious Beat Down Next Time the Teams Meet?

Personally I liked the way that Blais was playing up until that point in the season and it seemed to these eyes that his game was on a bit of an upswing at the time.  Then came PK and Blais' season was over in a single dirty play and not for the first time that PK had had done that.

We are not the Broad Street bullies and this Isn't the late seventies by any means but I think a message needs to be sent to that franchise over there.  Preferably PK Suban himself if he mans up but if not than someone else.

I understand the pointlessness in going after a last place or 2nd to last place team but still.

Thoughts?

Nope. 

Rangers are a better team than the Devils. That's the only message that matters. Subban is an aging has been. He's irrelevant to this rivalry. 

Secondly Subban won't fight. 

Now, maybe send Hunt or Goodrow after Hughes...that's worthwhile for the future. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

Ugh, I really don't like involving "innocent" players as casualties, but that really is the risk of being a teammate of someone like PK and not pulling him aside and asking him, "WTF are you doing man?"

But yeah, run Hughes or maybe Kreider can accidentally Blackwood or something. 

• Phil changed the title to Does This Team 'Owe' PK Suban a Serious Beat Down Next Time the Teams Meet?

"Puttin' on the foil Reavo, want some?"

It's too bad Tony Soprano is probably a Devils fan.  He'd know how to take care of this.

We need Reg Dunlap to put a bounty on Suban's head.  

Edited by Sod16
  • LMFAO 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Nope. 

Rangers are a better team than the Devils. That's the only message that matters. Subban is an aging has been. He's irrelevant to this rivalry. 

Secondly Subban won't fight. 

Now, maybe send Hunt or Goodrow after Hughes...that's worthwhile for the future. 

I was with you, right until the last sentence. Punishing innocent third-party is a slippery slope, that could backfire and hurt our star players.

Now, if you meant harder than usual hitting everyone during the game without the intent of causing injury, I am with you.

3 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

I was with you, right until the last sentence. Punishing innocent third-party is a slippery slope, that could backfire and hurt our star players.

Now, if you meant harder than usual hitting everyone during the game without the intent of causing injury, I am with you.

If the rangers didn’t have a history of getting manhandled everytime they had a good team, I might agree. At some point they need to do it to show they don’t take shit from no one, but not now, not Subban.

4d72c25e-f305-4778-a5d7-5fac3b4bc606_tex

10 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

There's always going to be retaliation. There's no such thing as innocent. What did Blais do to get taken out by Subban? Nothing. 

• Applause 1

The problem boils down in my mind to the dangers of doing something about this player or the dangers of NOT doing something about him.

The Rangers have spent years being viewed as a team that can be pushed around or worse.  Parts of that have been changed along with the new regime this year but it is also not fully a thing of the past either.  So the Rangers still have some work to do here.

Which brings us to Pee Kay Subban.  Either a dangerous player or dangerously reckless in terms of how he plays his position.  A problem that is getting worse as age is slowing him down somewhat.  He will not drop the gloves as some have pointed out so what's left to be done?  The only solution to this problem that remains is to find a way to prevail on the NJ devils to police this player themselves.  Not a perfect remedy but perhaps the only one that is left.

Or we can do nothing and continue to eat season-ending or potentially career=ending injuries as a result of sloppiness (without any risk) from our opponents.  What if it is Panarin next or Fox?  Will the "do nothing and turn the other cheek" crowd change their minds then?

I dunno. Are the Rangers really concerned with a joke team/franchise/player who's in last place? Probably not. 

I know Blais is out for the year, and Reaves got the Slewbban treatment, but the Devils probably aren't even on their radar. Personally, I completely forgot about that incident. 

Reaves leads the league in hits and he's always looking to catch someone with their head down, but I doubt he purposely targets anyone. I don't see that as soft behavior either, like the Devil's season is over, why bother? It sounds like you're wanting revenge which also sounds like a suspendible offense. I don't see the point in going that far against a team that doesn't matter.

Edited by ThirtyONE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

I dunno. Are the Rangers really concerned with a joke team/franchise/player who's in last place? Probably not. 

I know Blais is out for the year, and Reaves got the Slewbban treatment, but the Devils probably aren't even on their radar. Personally, I completely forgot about that incident. 

Reaves leads the league in hits and he's always looking to catch someone with their head down, but I doubt he purposely targets anyone. I don't see that as soft behavior either, like the Devil's season is over, why bother? It sounds like you're wanting revenge which also sounds like a suspendible offense. I don't see the point in going that far against a team that doesn't matter.

In baseball throwing at the other team's hitters is not a punitive measure as much as it is a preventative one.  You want to stop the other team from throwing at your players again by letting them know there is a cost involved if they do.

Whether they are a top team or a bottom team is almost besides the point.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:34 AM, Pete said:

There's always going to be retaliation. There's no such thing as innocent. What did Blais do to get taken out by Subban? Nothing. 

I've never played hockey, nor do I know what the "custom" is regarding this kind of hits. If I recall correctly, the NHL Player Safety did not even fine/suspend Subban. I might've been upset about his action back in the day, but that had been couple of month ego. It seems too late to retaliate against him and/or the Devils. Late retaliation may end up looking like against the Cap, where they lost the game.

It does not meant that the Rangers shouldn't hit them hard, they should do that against everybody. They are getting too soft lately, when compared to earlier in the season.

He'll probably injure another ranger before Strome would be the only one willing to drop the gloves and try to "teach Subban a lesson".  

This is how we know that having Reeves in the lineup does not deter anyone from taking any liberties.  Hell, he even did it to Reeves and wasnt afraid of a retaliation. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

It's rare I pass up an opportunity to rally behind a fight, but this one's not happening, unless Subban does some dumb shit again.

I think I agree with you on this one Phil.  Subban isn't gonna fight Reaves, and I don't think he'd even go with Goodrow.  The Devils are just an other exit sign we'll pass on our road to the playoffs.  No need to get stupid, and do something dumb against a bunch of mutants like them.

• Like 1