• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Topic Tags and Prefixes

Phil

I guess I never put something up on this. Quick primer on how to use Tags and Prefixes below:

If you want a thread with an appropriate, searchable tag like "Brooks" or "Seravalli," it's quick and easy.

When you start a thread, after including your title but before posting the content, be sure to click/tap on the "Add Tags" button just below the title field:

6D0550EC-B7CD-4971-9C7B-1843A4E3A3FA.jpeg

Once there, begin typing out your tag(s). Tags are comma separated, so if you only want one, type it out (or select it from the drop-down list), and include one comma to end the tag. Additional tags can be included, each ended by a comma.

If you wish to prefix your thread topic with a tag, like the examples above, use the "Item prefix" field that shows once you've included as least one tag in your topic.

3BB6878C-AD18-451A-A3E9-95CD238925BD.jpeg

Select the tag you want as your searchable prefix and fill out the remaining content of your thread. Lots of common prefix tags — Brooks, GDT, Mercogliano, etc. — have been color coded for consistency and to help them stand out.

Post your topic as normal.

200.gif

• Thanks 1

• Phil changed the title to Topic Tags and Prefixes
  • 2 weeks later...

Minor update on this: I've included all the major tri-state teams in Other Sports as team-specific, color-coded tags. Just something small to help threads stand out from the pack as needed.

For example, Knicks threads can just use a Knicks tag now, instead of the more general NBA.

• Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1