• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kathy Hochul Wants to Move MSG

Blue Heaven

17 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

So, to me this could mean a couple of things.  

1) the governors office got a little heat from the "green" liberals and want to keep their annoying but vocal asses off their backs. 

2) How this article is written,  seems to point out little facts that they say aren't true. Like "star architect"  

Maybe some of the facts are indeed totally false, like the architect, the small acreage and location and the rail plans. 

From the article, it does not say the governors office has said that that location isn't being considered as a location. Just that the facts used in the story may not be accurate.  

Politics in their politics. A RW based media outlet reports it, (and it didn't seem like it was an argumentative piece) and Patch needed to point out the outlets supposed polititcal affiliation as if that has anything to do with anything. 

Well for starters, Dolan, as far as I can remember based off past articles, has no interest in moving. I’d say even more so now, with the renovation costing what it cost. That was a red flag to me, to read he was generally on board with it, because he has been so against it in the past.

I think this is a topic that has been around, and will continue to hang around. I just don’t really see it actually happening. 

Whether the story is correct, many powerful forces (a combination of developers and effete train-obsessed liberals) continue to push to raze the current Garden and replace it with a new station.  The current MSG is in many respects ideal.  It is incredibly convenient in terms of transit.  The arena was recently essentially rebuilt to replace one with bad sight lines with one with good ones.  Moreover, it is about the only arena where semi-affordable seats are not sky high above luxury boxes.  The 2013 Garden is vastly superior to the 1968 one.  A new MSG would be less convenient for most everyone and your seat would be more expensive and further from the action.

Some lady from Buffalo who has never dealt with getting around NYC on a daily basis has no business making these decisions.

27 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Well for starters, Dolan, as far as I can remember based off past articles, has no interest in moving. I’d say even more so now, with the renovation costing what it cost. That was a red flag to me, to read he was generally on board with it, because he has been so against it in the past.

I think this is a topic that has been around, and will continue to hang around. I just don’t really see it actually happening. 

I just don't understand why they can't just build another central hub elsewhere. Why do they even want MSG gone from the location? What is the benefit of that?

Couldn't they build a "central hub" just east of Penn? Part of that tunnel underground before it goes through the river? What's above that ground that can't be relocated or redone?

Why not use Grand central as your main hub as that has just gotten its transformation?  

If they are looking for an above ground spectacular look for all the garbage that is hanging around there to ruin? 

How about they add a grand entrance to the 1st floor of MSG? The outside of the building can certainly use some renovation and remodeling. What's there should be a nice space to work with if that's what they are looking for. Infact aren't they doing that in the not to distant future? 

Edited by The Dude

Political affiliation had nothing to do with anything, but it's the annoying green liberals behind it all!

Didn't see anywhere in the patch piece calling it a right wing news outlet (although I didn't deep dive), just that they're not a reputable publication and they're know for fake news.