• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Roster Challenge: Player From the Past to Play on the Current Roster

josh

If you could pick one former Rangers player to put on the current roster, in his/her Rangers prime, who do you pick?

I'm going off the board with my pick. #88 Eric Lindros.

Been wanting that big body, physical player in the center. Guy can bang and score. Over a PPG his 1st season in NY. 37 goals. 54.4% on draws, killed some penalties, killed some opponents.

• Applause 1

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Lindros is a great selection, but the answer is Gaborik. Two-time 40-goal scoring right winger who played some of his highest-scoring hockey with relatively nondescript players. Imagine him getting fed passes from Panarin.

you'd take gaborik over gretzky?  or even over Lindros?  you probably havent seen Lindros in his prime

3 minutes ago, CCCP said:

you'd take gaborik over gretzky?  or even over Lindros?  you probably havent seen Lindros in his prime

"in his/her Rangers prime"

And yes, I did. I'm 37, not 27.

Lindros' Rangers' prime was solid. The FLY line dominated, but what the Rangers need most, IMO, is a goal-scoring machine. They're starving for ES scoring right now. Gaborik scored 114 goals for the Rangers — 81 of which were at even strength. That's better than 70% of his totals.

• LOL 1

I mean the easy answer is Gretzky but he wasn’t here in his prime. Lindros doesnt remember his prime, Messier had hair in his prime,  and Gaboriks prime was every other year.

I’ll take Jagr. Honorable mention to Graves because his leadership and grit would compliment our skill nicely in a way Kreiders does without the occasional hiatus. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I mean the easy answer is Gretzky but he wasn’t here in his prime. Lindros doesnt remember his prime, Messier had hair in his prime,  and Gaboriks prime was every other year.

I’ll take Jagr. Honorable mention to Graves because his leadership and grit would compliment our skill nicely in a way Kreiders does without the occasional hiatus. 

Jagr in 2005 was a beast.  good choice.

how about #7?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Oh, scratch Gabs — you're right on Jagr. 100% Jagr. He was never fast, but his Rangers' prime was league MVP level play.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CCCP said:

but Mess would replace Strome.  That's automatic ignore list

We move Strome to 3rd line...that'll work!  Like Nemchinov's spot!!  😃

3 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Petr Prucha!!

Ok, now that's funny!!!!   LOL

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Messier...

Solves everything:

Captain
Leader
Scorer
Face off killer
Toughness/grit
Experience
Can basically turn goat piss into gasoline!  LOL

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

i think Graves, Messier and Jagr were the easiest choices.

I think they have enough Graves in them already. Messier would be great, but not sure his leadership (and poor skating) would fit well with this club. Jagr.. again, would love it, not sure he makes them better in areas they are weak.

Picked big E over Messier due to size, skill, speed. Lindros in the modern NHL would be unstoppable, especially since you cant hit guys with their head down.