• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tank the Kraken Right Away

shestYORKin

this team is not built to win. they have some cap space for the free agency game but that means overpaying which makes a shitty long term plan. 

year 1 is the perfect tank year. ticket/merch sales won’t really be affected with the new team smell. the fans will play the patient game if they see where it’s going. better do it now and get in on Shane Wright or another stud than circling back after 5yrs of mediocrity at best. 

yeah Vegas wasn’t gonna be duplicated. almost a freak accident. half the team had career years and a community tragedy brought momentum out of this world.

the weird part about the Kraken is how they didn’t reach at all and literally built for mediocrity out of the gate. in a way they made it just as hard to tank as they did to get better. it’s weird.

hell of a barn tho. I’d love to visit. 

9 hours ago, shestYORKin said:

yeah Vegas wasn’t gonna be duplicated. almost a freak accident. half the team had career years and a community tragedy brought momentum out of this world.

the weird part about the Kraken is how they didn’t reach at all and literally built for mediocrity out of the gate. in a way they made it just as hard to tank as they did to get better. it’s weird.

hell of a barn tho. I’d love to visit. 

I really dont know what the plan was there, it was such a nothing roster right out of the gate. They could have had tarasenko who is lighting the league up right now too. MAybe they want to bide their time until the cap goes up and there are decent free agents out there. 

47 minutes ago, siddious said:

I really dont know what the plan was there, it was such a nothing roster right out of the gate. They could have had tarasenko who is lighting the league up right now too. MAybe they want to bide their time until the cap goes up and there are decent free agents out there. 

Recipe for success nowadays is tank for few years, get as many picks as you can, let them mature and then fill the holes with trades and free agency.