• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

OTT Re-Sign Brady Tkachuk to 7-Year/$57.5m Extension; $8.215m AAV

Phil

I don't think this is an unreasonable deal at all.

60 point player but also brings some intangibles and is basically the face of the franchise at this point.

Him, Stuetzle, Batheson, Norris. They got a really good crop of young forwards in the lineup now. They can be a good team soon. 

Losing him would set this franchise back a lot of years 

5 hours ago, Xander said:

Man is that a lot of money for a 60 point player.

4 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I don't think this is an unreasonable deal at all.

60 point player but also brings some intangibles and is basically the face of the franchise at this point.

Him, Stuetzle, Batheson, Norris. They got a really good crop of young forwards in the lineup now. They can be a good team soon. 

Losing him would set this franchise back a lot of years 

He's a 50 point player, who in his first 3 years has not taken major strides. He's living off his name, not his play.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He's a 50 point player, who in his first 3 years has not taken major strides. He's living off his name, not his play.

Still only 22 

they gave big money to Chabot at about the same age. It’s a gamble, sure. But you’d rather lock these potential big time talents up early wouldn’t you? If you have faith they’re going to be big game players for you, you lock it up early and try to avoid this type of standoff when he can actually go UFA

1 minute ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Still only 22 

they gave big money to Chabot at about the same age. It’s a gamble, sure. But you’d rather lock these potential big time talents up early wouldn’t you? If you have faith they’re going to be big game players for you, you lock it up early and try to avoid this type of standoff when he can actually go UFA

Chabot is close to same P/G and is a defenseman.

57 minutes ago, Pete said:

Chabot is close to same P/G and is a defenseman.

That’s not my point though. My point is they are both players that are their ‘face of their franchise’ types 

Tkachuk brings more than just points. They feel he is a big time piece for their rebuild and if they lose him, they basically are gonna go back to square one. Maybe Brady bent them over the table a little bit but Ottawa has to pay it and I don’t blame them for giving him big dollars at all. If they’re gonna become a consistent playoff team soon they don’t do it without him

13 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

That’s not my point though. My point is they are both players that are their ‘face of their franchise’ types 

Tkachuk brings more than just points. They feel he is a big time piece for their rebuild and if they lose him, they basically are gonna go back to square one. Maybe Brady bent them over the table a little bit but Ottawa has to pay it and I don’t blame them for giving him big dollars at all. If they’re gonna become a consistent playoff team soon they don’t do it without him

I know what Ottawa feels, but what they feel and what's real is often separated by the Grand Canyon.