• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#30) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Guess Who's Back, Back Again?

Phil

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d be shocked if it’s not Georgiev. Kinkaid is a decent story but Georgiev looks fine when he doesn’t play too much, like in a backup role. He’s just not an NHL starter

Hope they think about trading Georgiev along with some pieces to land some sort of grit or a D man. But with Shestyorkin being hurt every few months so far in his Ranger career, you have to think the Rangers may just stockpile some goalies.

Georgiev has no trade value at the moment. Erratic backup goalies who make double what most backup goalies make and cannot be protected in the expansion draft (by essentially any team other than the Rangers) don't rate anything.

Hope they think about trading Georgiev along with some pieces to land some sort of grit or a D man. But with Shestyorkin being hurt every few months so far in his Ranger career, you have to think the Rangers may just stockpile some goalies.

The problem is you have to wonder how much Georgiev is even worth right now. We already have one of the better regarded goalie coaches and he’s so hit or miss. He’s not a starter. No question about that. But he’s not an attractive backup because of how up and down he is. Talbot and Raanta were attractive backups. They were good emergency backups that flirted with starter roles.

The ship may have sailed on trading Georgiev, or, at the very least, getting something halfway decent for him. The time to trade him was last season when he was fine and not a total dumpster fire as he is this year. I think he's always had some confidence issues, and then the whole ADA situation happens which can't be good for your psyche when you're that vulnerable. Kinkaid doesn't knock your socks off, but he just plays a steadier game. Assuming Shesterkin comes back soon and is effective, who knows how many games the backup is going to play anyway, regardless of who it is.

I don't think we'd get anything for Georgiev....even as a throw in, I don't think he's got any value at all. We missed the window with him, no doubt. I agree with Keirik, he's not a starter in my eyes either.

Kinkaid has been fairly steady. He had one stinker, but he made some great saves on breakaways in that one. We played kinda crappy in front of him that game defensively though. I simply feel more confident with Kinky between the pipes than Georgiev. Going froward, I think it's Igor #1 and Kinkaid #2.

Georgiev will be on the unprotected list, in my opinion....and I don't think he'll get selected either.