• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Keirik

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it's just any one of those things at this point rather than him falling back to Earth after two seasons (last one especially), where he blew his load and was fantastic. I'm kind of keeping my fingers crossed that it's "just" lingering COVID after affects and he'll be alright eventually.

I really hope it's just any one of those things at this point rather than him falling back to Earth after two seasons (last one especially), where he blew his load and was fantastic. I'm kind of keeping my fingers crossed that it's "just" lingering COVID after affects and he'll be alright eventually.

What would Covid have to do with him missing a one-timer or shooting high and wide? I could understand if Covid affected him with his endurance and being out of breath after 30 seconds? Seems like he is is skating fine, and staying on for full shifts.

He looks smaller, and dainty.

They said he tried to lose weight to get quicker, seems like a big mistake to me. Dunno why you'd want to change anything from last year. He's no power forward, but he sure seemed bigger last year.

I don't know. Maybe he has gotten better, since he is skating fine like you said. But, perhaps it's now more of a mental thing now? Like, he's over COVID, but the mental aspect hasn't caught up yet? Some mental fatigue could still be part of it, even if his endurance is caught up. I'm just theorizing here since I haven't had it or have tried to play hockey with it, even after recovering. Everyone is different. I'm hoping that is the case because in past games he seemed to look more frustrated than anything, like nothing is working, like he wasn't having any fun out there, which we aren't used to seeing.

What would Covid have to do with him missing a one-timer or shooting high and wide? I could understand if Covid affected him with his endurance and being out of breath after 30 seconds? Seems like he is is skating fine, and staying on for full shifts.
General weakness, especially in lower body.

Shooting high and wide can happen when you're not driving through the shot with your lower body... You're just shooting with your arms and hooking it.

He looks smaller, and dainty.

They said he tried to lose weight to get quicker, seems like a big mistake to me. Dunno why you'd want to change anything from last year. He's no power forward, but he sure seemed bigger last year.

I believe it was Joe who mentioned it, but if he were to change his workout routine you would think he would work with the Rangers trainer and management about his plans?