• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Planning Private Purchase of COVID Vaccines for All Constituents

Phil

Sounds like a great idea to prioritize healthy millionaire athletes over gen pop.

From what I understand or at least heard in interviews, it doesn’t affect the gen pop. They simply have a private company provide vaccines that otherwise wouldn’t be made elsewhere. Think they did the same during the bubble with covid testing.

Hmm that's crazy so they have some backdoor option to an FDA approved vaccine that the rest of us have never heard about? Or are they going to roll with an unapproved vaccine and make that a requirement? Either way it's strange.

I did see something earlier today where a writer I forget who it was questioned the original tweet here saying something along the lines of "I'm not sure this is in fact true nor should it be a line that's crossed".

From what I understand or at least heard in interviews, it doesn?t affect the gen pop. They simply have a private company provide vaccines that otherwise wouldn?t be made elsewhere. Think they did the same during the bubble with covid testing.
There was backlash over how many tests were used for the bubble players, too.

All the companies making vaccines are private and there are only a few.

Any and all vaccines should go to people who need them the most, IMO.

• Like 1

Hmm that's crazy so they have some backdoor option to an FDA approved vaccine that the rest of us have never heard about? Or are they going to roll with an unapproved vaccine and make that a requirement? Either way it's strange.

I did see something earlier today where a writer I forget who it was questioned the original tweet here saying something along the lines of "I'm not sure this is in fact true nor should it be a line that's crossed".

Yea I agree. Something doesn't add up.

500 or so vaccines are a big deal at this point. There are people in genuine anguish over COVID, people that need this to get back to some semblance of actual life, who are unable to do so without it.

They want to divert the vaccines to essentially smooth out their labour schedule and avoid inconveniences. These are the same folks that told us we're all in it together.

500 or so vaccines are a big deal at this point. There are people in genuine anguish over COVID, people that need this to get back to some semblance of actual life, who are unable to do so without it.

They want to divert the vaccines to essentially smooth out their labour schedule and avoid inconveniences. These are the same folks that told us we're all in it together.

It's over 500. Tweet says "All constituents", so it's players, coaches, training staff, equipment managers. Probably closer to 1,000 people. That's a town in South Dakota, if they actually believed in COVID.

It's over 500. Tweet says "All constituents", so it's players, coaches, training staff, equipment managers. Probably closer to 1,000 people. That's a town in South Dakota, if they actually believed in COVID.

I'm not even thinking about the US. I'm thinking about underdeveloped countries that dont have access to the same healthcare resources compared to if we were to get sick.

Seems like this guy shot himself squarely in the dick yesterday and got curb stomped for it. Didn't take long for a clarification basically calling bs on his own first post. Now he's basically saying they're interested when it becomes available without cutting any lines.

This is the least surprising news of all time. Similar to how NBA teams were testing anyone before the gen population could get tested. Rich people get shit first. It's called capitalism and we love it.

Rich people getting shit first is called life, not capitalism.