• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Playoff Schedule

I absolutely love this playoff schedule for the first round. Hockey all day long. I know it'd be tough to do under normal circumstances, but I've been able to watch many of these series since games have been spread out with less overlap.

I'd love to see this be a permanent switch for the first round with so many matchups taking place at once. Doable or nah because it'd be too hard for fans to attend the afternoon games?

I absolutely love this playoff schedule for the first round. Hockey all day long. I know it'd be tough to do under normal circumstances, but I've been able to watch many of these series since games have been spread out with less overlap.

I'd love to see this be a permanent switch for the first round with so many matchups taking place at once. Doable or nah because it'd be too hard for fans to attend the afternoon games?

Under normal circumstances, I don't see who you can get enough asses in seats for a noon or afternoon game during the week.

This only works with no fans in attendance or for gigantic sports like NCAA March Madness.

Under normal circumstances, I don't see who you can get enough asses in seats for a noon or afternoon game during the week.

This only works with no fans in attendance or for gigantic sports like NCAA March Madness.

Sure, because a huge chunk of their audience (students) don't work yet.

You can't pull this off for the NHL in a non-pandemic environment IMO. Even now, viewership is only up approximately 3% with everyone presumably still stuck at home because folks are still working and teaching their kids.

Sure, because a huge chunk of their audience (students) don't work yet.

You can't pull this off for the NHL in a non-pandemic environment IMO. Even now, viewership is only up approximately 3% with everyone presumably still stuck at home because folks are still working and teaching their kids.

This is not true. Boomers and Genx make up almost 75% of March Madness viewership.

Cadent_2PieCharts.png

https://insights.cadent.tv/2019/03/14/a-deep-dive-into-march-madness-viewership/

The answer you're looking for is "sports betting".

I’d assume a large portion of season ticket holders might be pissed if suddenly they are being asked to take off work for a 12pm Tuesday playoff game.

This is not true. Boomers and Genx make up almost 75% of March Madness viewership.

Cadent_2PieCharts.png

https://insights.cadent.tv/2019/03/14/a-deep-dive-into-march-madness-viewership/

I stand corrected. That makes a ton of sense, too. I work with a guy who makes a killing on it every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Cadent_2PieCharts.png

Can someone explain what all that mean? Gen X, gen Z. Are we in a sci-fi movie now? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk