• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Duclair Finally Finds a Fit with Sens

Phil

Ripped by Tortorella on his way out of Columbus. Five different NHL teams in six seasons. Three consecutive one-year contracts.

It?s fair to declare that Duclair?s renaissance in the nation?s capital is one of the best individual hockey stories of the season.

Duclair, 24, was named the NHL?s second star of the week on Monday. He has the most goals in the league (eight) since Dec. 4, giving him 18 tallies and seven assists for 25 points in 33 games on the season for the Sens.

Ten months ago, when he was torn to shreds by Torts, Duclair wasn?t far from the scrap heap. He had already not been given a qualifying offer in Chicago after a 23-game run and became an unrestricted free agent, signing in Columbus for the league minimum.

?I always believed in myself no matter what people said or what happened,? Duclair said Monday on the phone from Florida, where the Senators will face the Panthers at 7 p.m. ET on TSN5. ?I always believed in my abilities to be a good player in this league.?

Everything changed with the trade, which came four days after Tortorella?s comments.

https://www.tsn.ca/anthony-duclair-finally-finds-a-fit-with-senators-1.1414175