• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shattenkirk to... the Lightning?

Phil

Weird. Is that the year Stamkos was hurt?

Yes.

TB doesn't have nearly the cap issues that people want them to have unless Point holds out for market value. Cernak and Sergachev on ELCs gives them a lot of space to breathe.

If they dump Cally, assuming an $80m cap next year, they'd have ~$15m in space. Miller, Killorn, Johnson are tradeable if you need more wiggle room.

They have a lot of cap issues, for the next several seasons.

Miller has to be moved now, as his mNTC kicks in soon. They have 7 contracts in the "Danger Zone", and theyll be sitting on 10! NTC next season. All their cap hits coming off this summer has already been used on the Kuch and McD extensions. They are at 73m next season having to sign 6 guys, 1 being Point.

Yes.

They have a lot of cap issues, for the next several seasons.

Miller has to be moved now, as his mNTC kicks in soon. They have 7 contracts in the "Danger Zone", and theyll be sitting on 10! NTC next season. All their cap hits coming off this summer has already been used on the Kuch and McD extensions. They are at 73m next season having to sign 6 guys, 1 being Point.

They really fucked up with that JT Miller signing.

Cernak is signed through next year.

In general, I agree with you that TB isn't really a good landing spot for Shatty. But at $3m you could make it work since those other two guys are on ELCs next year. It's the second year of Shatty that would be way more problematic.

ah, maybe we have different sources. NHLNumbers is saying he's an RFA after this season

No, but taking on a contract PLUS retaining (plus Smith buyout) = a lot of wasted cap space. That’s bad business.

Why would they buy out Smith next year?

Why does wasting cap space next year even matter? It would be bad business for a team that has financial issues - like Arizona - but the Rangers can spend whatever they want.

Why would they buy out Smith next year?

Why does wasting cap space next year even matter? It would be bad business for a team that has financial issues - like Arizona - but the Rangers can spend whatever they want.

That doesnt mean theyll go out and do stupid video game/internet shit in real life.

Ok, but holding onto Smith and acquiring Cally if it means a prospect coming the other way isn't exactly internet shit.

I didnt mean acquiring a contract is necessarily bad, but wasted cap space on buy-outs, retained salary, etc, and you're between 6-8m! That's a first line player.

Besides, we should be saving the cap for Panarin and Karlsson!

I didnt mean acquiring a contract is necessarily bad, but wasted cap space on buy-outs, retained salary, etc, and you're between 6-8m! That's a first line player.

And they're still paying AV.

Yea but...who cares if you're wasting cap space next year? I'm pretty sure you could spend $22m or whatever on those two and still absorb Cally lol

Archived