• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

Albatrosss

3 hours ago, CCCP said:

Thinking of taking a trip to Japan in November.  Plane tix are outrageous.  Any suggestions? 

I swear airlines make like 10000% profit off each seat and no one calls them out on it.  Worst industry in the world. 

• 5 weeks later...

Finally, after 15 years, I'm heading back to NYC.  Gonna spend a couple of days in the Bronx due to my company taking over a golf course (Trump's) and then head to NJ to visit sister and her family.  Land tomorrow around 4pm and then PIZZA!!!!!

Probably take a drive thru the old neighborhood (Jamaica) on my way to my sister's.  Can only imagine how much it has changed since I left.

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

Decided not to this year. Buying a new house, going to a destination wedding late September/early October, so the wifey says its too much. Maybe in the spring. We’ll see

Yh, that is quite a lot.

Currently debating on when I go again, but damn plane tickets get more expensive by the day.

On 8/26/2023 at 9:50 PM, VegasRanger said:

Finally, after 15 years, I'm heading back to NYC.  Gonna spend a couple of days in the Bronx due to my company taking over a golf course (Trump's) and then head to NJ to visit sister and her family.  Land tomorrow around 4pm and then PIZZA!!!!!

Probably take a drive thru the old neighborhood (Jamaica) on my way to my sister's.  Can only imagine how much it has changed since I left.

How was Jamaica? Did you run away faster than you expected?

On 9/7/2023 at 9:16 AM, siddious said:

How was Jamaica? Did you run away faster than you expected?

Due to piss poor communication from people that were in charge, i got stuck at a Hotel in the Bronx for 4 days.  Then after checking out, took the wrong exit and ended up heading towards the GW instead of the Throgsneck.  Said screw and just headed to my sister's house in Union Beach, NJ.

Never made it to Jamaica, but, I heard the horror stories from my sister.  Said she drove thru a couple years ago.  Sounds like I probably didn't miss anything.  Saw a listing for the house i grew up in.  They want 1.2 million for it.  In that neighborhood?  Insane

https://www.trulia.com/p/ny/jamaica/92-24-173rd-st-jamaica-ny-11433--2010252577

• LMFAO 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very random, but going to Czech Republic (Prague) in June for two weeks.

Anybody been that can give me some tips? Mostly around food and beer.

My wife is terrified, and probably views it as Honduras in her wamen brain, I've tried to explain it's actually much safer than Toronto, but shes dumb, so looks like I'm going to have to go as well. 

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

Very random, but going to Czech Republic (Prague) in June for two weeks.

Anybody been that can give me some tips? Mostly around food and beer.

My wife is terrified, and probably views it as Honduras in her wamen brain, I've tried to explain it's actually much safer than Toronto, but shes dumb, so looks like I'm going to have to go as well. 

i was there in the spring.  Very safe city.  Everything is concentrated in the "old city" or its vicinity. Walking distance to everywhere.  

Beer is awesome and you must try their meats, especially pork knuckle.  It's unbelievable and to this day I still dream of it. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

We're definitely dumb tourists.

@CCCP any specific spots you could recommend? Never had pork knuckle, though have ate a few pounds of pig tails in my day, I'll be sure to try. Also want to find some currywurst.

Big beer halls, something like that. 

i dont remember their names, they're in czech.  I use Tripadvisor, its pretty reliable. 

Didnt get to go to any beer halls but we were there when Rammstein gave a concert, so there were thousands of drunken Germans.  lol

• 2 weeks later...