• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Would You Take Ennis in a Deal For Charlie Coyle, Nino Niederreiter or Jason Zucker?

ThirtyONE

Rangers expected to stay the course with rebuild plan

Unlikely to go after any of the big names

3:39PM

Share:

6/22/18 | 3:38PM: Jeff Gorton said on Thursday, "for anybody that would be skeptical of a rebuild, all you have to do is look at the last few months and the trade deadline and some of the things we have done. I think it's pretty obvious we are trying to accumulate young players and assets and trying to get better and give these players opportunity."

He added that the Rangers won't be a team of 18-19-20 year olds and that "we need to have the necessary players on our team that can help these guys learn the game and help us do everything we can to win every night. I think that is pretty clear where we are at."

Larry Brooks wrote that the Rangers will "jump in" if a "price-is-right" player is available but they are not trading away a "boatload of draft picks and prospects."

6/21/18 | 1:02PM: Darren Dreger said that the mandate from Jeff Gorton and Rangers management is "to be patient" and to assess what they have within the organization in terms of youth. (TSN)

He noted that players like Tavares, Kovalchuk and Karlsson are not the "right fit for the direction of the New York Rangers right now. They are going to vow to be patient." (TSN)

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good I like what I'm hearing

Minnesota has Jordan Greenway who played for Quinn in Boston. Maybe Ennis and Greenway for a 2nd Rd pick. Greenway was a 2nd Rd pick in 2015. I say that because we’re in a rebuild, Zucker, Coyles, Nino are all 26 and I don’t think they move Dumba—at 23 and righthanded it would take a whole lot to get him.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Greenway is interesting in lieu of a pick, but NYR sending a 2nd-rounder the other way kind of undermines the idea of taking on a bad contract for an asset.

I'd be far more interested in something like Greenway + Ennis for Namestnikov.

Archived