• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Artemi Panarin Unwilling to Sign Long-Term; CBJ Testing Market

Phil

I think the last 6 months prove they're not trading a young player, a 1st, and two prospects for someone who's 27... But, you're right, I don't work for the front office. I don't want to crush your dreams.

Jesus.

So now Kreider who is 27 is a young player, and Panarin who is 26 is too old to trade for? Make up your mind. Kreider has never lived up to potential.

If Panarin is not willing to work out an extension as part of the trade, we should have no interest. You don't risk those kinds of assets unless A) you get him long term or B) he puts your team over the top as a contender.

Hoping to get the same value back at the deadline if he didnt sign an extension would be a huge gamble.

Would not want to lose Skjei. he regressed last year, but the guy was a player until things went bad here. But drop Dubinsky, add Milano. Torts does not like him, feeling is mutual. Torts has never understood offensive talent since he left TB. Would hire Monet to paint...his garage.

This would be a type of trade I might include Skjei.

We have Staal and Smith, short term, both could do well in a new system. Lindgren, Rykov, Hajek, Deangelo and our pick at 9 in 3 years.

Patrick O'Sullivan said on SIRIUS radio that he thinks Panarin wants or deserves a 9 mill deal.

Is he that good? I'm not sold on that kind of money.

After next season, if the cap goes up again (I think it's supposed to), $9m is probably low.

Archived