• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

My Penalty Rules Change Proposal

I know, but the idea is always not to ice it. If a guy is pinned or just need to get the puck out quick, I think they'll take the icing over trying to make a play.

Implementing this rule at a Young age is an effort to eliminate that mind set from players at a young age.

Implementing this rule at a Young age is an effort to eliminate that mind set from players at a young age.

Correct. That’s the whole point of all the changes they’ve made in the last 6-7 years.

No shit.

But in the NHL, if there's no play to be made, hard and out will still be the go to.

But it’s not for the NHL. Any rules used in USA Hockey for whatever levels involved, have a purpose behind them developmentally. This particular rule will create good positional habits, and make it a better game. So while you’re correct that the older levels will still go off the glass and out when need be, it’s the other instances off a kill where they’ll turn nothing into something. Also, the older players are not fans of the “off the glass and out”. Some guys still preach it, and the players hate it, unless like you said where it’s a desperation move.

But it’s not for the NHL. Any rules used in USA Hockey for whatever levels involved, have a purpose behind them developmentally. This particular rule will create good positional habits, and make it a better game. So while you’re correct that the older levels will still go off the glass and out when need be, it’s the other instances off a kill where they’ll turn nothing into something. Also, the older players are not fans of the “off the glass and out”. Some guys still preach it, and the players hate it, unless like you said where it’s a desperation move.

I was talking about the NHL - how the rule would impact the game.

I 100% agree with the rule at lower levels of US Hockey.

I was talking about the NHL - how the rule would impact the game.

I 100% agree with the rule at lower levels of US Hockey.

But the same applies at the Bantam and below levels. If there’s no play, they will ice it. But like Puckhead said, pp’s aren’t really a thing of beauty at the younger levels.

But the same applies at the Bantam and below levels. If there’s no play, they will ice it. But like Puckhead said, pp’s aren’t really a thing of beauty at the younger levels.

I'm sure. I think it's smart to try to instill the playmaking habits at a young level.

I just think, in the NHL, you're going to see a lot more icings, because guys are going to try to clear the puck as often as they do now, the only difference is that it would lead to a lot more faceoffs.

I'm sure. I think it's smart to try to instill the playmaking habits at a young level.

I just think, in the NHL, you're going to see a lot more icings, because guys are going to try to clear the puck as often as they do now, the only difference is that it would lead to a lot more faceoffs.

Or turnovers, either way that will equal more scoring. A lot more than at the younger levels, because they can change on icings.

Archived