• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Woeful Defense Requires Summer Boost

Phil

1st off have you seen the list of potential 2019 UFAs? I wouldn?t take on salary at this point. ?Myers is 1 of those guys.along with Doughty, OEL, Karlsson, McD, Ellis. And that?s just the defense, I?m not getting into players like Seguin

As was said earlier, it?s a case of changing our defensive style. Everyone looking bad in this system. It?s like watching the all-star game where no one plays defense. Pionk just made team USA for the championships so that should say something about his ability/abilities.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Waiting out free agency is a fool's game given how few of these players ever actually make it there anymore. The 2018 class probably looked great, too, two or three years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah, the chances of any of those guys hitting UFA and signing with a new team is very small. What it can be is a chance to trade for a guy cheaper then his actual value. Arizona and Ottawa will most likely not re-sign OEL and EK, Tampa needs to pay Kucherov, Gourde, Stralman and McD next year (including Miller, Erne and Paquette this year). If Kings miss the playoffs again maybe they look to trade Doughty? Do Nashville want to pay Ellis his ~6m for 6-7 years?

Yeah, the chances of any of those guys hitting UFA and signing with a new team is very small. What it can be is a chance to trade for a guy cheaper then his actual value. Arizona and Ottawa will most likely not re-sign OEL and EK, Tampa needs to pay Kucherov, Gourde, Stralman and McD next year (including Miller, Erne and Paquette this year). If Kings miss the playoffs again maybe they look to trade Doughty? Do Nashville want to pay Ellis his ~6m for 6-7 years?

I think that there isn't nearly enough attention on Doughty and OEM, considering that the teams are terrible and they're set to be UFAs. If Arizona has a good season next year, maybe OEL sticks around, but LAK is bad and going to get worse. They should be moving Doughty exactly as Ottawa should be moving EK.

Archived