• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 WCSF | Nashville Predators (C1) v. Winnipeg Jets (C2)

Phil

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Preds in 4
    • Preds in 5
    • Preds in 6
    • Preds in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure the NHL is wishing this was the conference finals. Or maybe not, they want Vegas in there.

I'm sure they are fine with how things have played out. Each series is dynamite right now.

Is Winnipeg that bad?

I haven’t looked at numbers at all. Have no clue about either team ratings/viewership

The nhl is notorious for pushing small market teams (and bankrupt teams), not that this is the case.

Is Winnipeg that bad?

I haven’t looked at numbers at all. Have no clue about either team ratings/viewership

The nhl is notorious for pushing small market teams (and bankrupt teams), not that this is the case.

Considering they play in a minor league rink, I'd say it's safe to say they have a small market.

Honestly, though it doesn't matter. If Jets or Vegas got to the finals it would be a good story and fun for hockey fans in general, regardless of TV numbers.

I think you're going to have a really hard time telling the Winnepeg Whiteout crowd that they're a small market because they play in a minor league rink.

Rink size ≠ passion/market.

Passion and market size are not the same thing.

I think you're going to have a really hard time telling the Winnepeg Whiteout crowd that they're a small market because they play in a minor league rink.

Rink size ≠ passion/market.

Is it really a minor league rink I thought there were rules where each arena must have a minimum seating capacity?

Is it really a minor league rink I thought there were rules where each arena must have a minimum seating capacity?

I have no idea. I was just using those words because those words were used. Didn't look it up.

Passion and market size are not the same thing.

I guess that's true.

Home of the Manitoba Moose before the Jets moved in. It's the smallest area in the NHL. Next closest is Barclays which was not built to host hockey games.

Archived