• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's the Home Stretch - Time for a Homerun

Giacomin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McD's agent is going to want something close to 7 X 7. NMC 3 years then NTC.

He might take a little less in Tampa or FLA due to 0% taxes. Even 6 years at 6.5 would be a mistake for this Ranger team. Our best chance for a 1st liner, yet too much injury risk is the tipping point.

5 years at just over 6, would be worth considering, but why would he settle so far below mkt value and not get more term?

Well I liked the thread title at least. A home run prospect is what we want to see. Chances of that? I dunno.

Getting multiple top 50 prospects would be a homerun. Some are certainly top 20.

Damn, I thought most of you would think the proposals unrealistic or at least close to a good deal. All those proposals involve 3 of the teams 4 best prospects. Maybe we value an injured McD w/ 1year left too high. Two to Three A prospects is a haul. You don't get that for 2nd line wingers.

The crazy thing is that they can still pivot and gear up for a run next year. All whose been traded can be un-done in just a few months.

Here it comes. We are keeping everybody else, except DD for a 6th. We resign Nash and Grabs on good deals and focus on the draft and maybe trading someone to move up.

Essentially traded Holden for O'Gara Rykov, Lindgren, Spooner, 3rd, 2nd and 1st

Darren Dreger

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

?

1h

Good amount of interest in JT Miller and Mats Zuccarello. However, no team has been aggressive enough to this point to suggest trade likely.

Not happening. No inside info, just can't see it at this point. What team wants to pay what we are looking for? Starting to seem like even McD is staying.

TB is looking at Green because they don?t want to give up too much. I saw something that said Tor. is looking at OEL, thinking they could get him cheaper than Karlsson or McD. Wash. asked about McD but didn?t like the price. The new thing is SJ having the cap room to take both Ryan & Karlsson. Florida is the latest team but there?s nothing out there as far as for who.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

McD's agent is going to want something close to 7 X 7. NMC 3 years then NTC.

He might take a little less in Tampa or FLA due to 0% taxes. Even 6 years at 6.5 would be a mistake for this Ranger team. Our best chance for a 1st liner, yet too much injury risk is the tipping point.

5 years at just over 6, would be worth considering, but why would he settle so far below mkt value and not get more term?

I agree with the money estimates completely. 7m for 7 is what he will seek (I mean take a look at the dmen not close to McD who have gotten 5m for 5 as UFAs). I believe he would get that from someone, but it might not be where he would want to go. If the Rangers do not trade him, it would take something like 6.5 for 6 to extend him during this summer, when he becomes eligible to sign an extension.

So the issue is, would you rather have McD and such a contract extending until he is 35, with all of the uncertainty about his nagging injuries and natural decline after he is about 32, or would you like a package from a contender instead, with all of the uncertainties regarding late first round picks and blue chip prospects, most of whom do not turn out to be nearly the player McD is, "blue chip" or not? (By waiting until after the season, you increase the chances of getting a young promising NHL player (a Z93) in the deal, but the Z93s of the world usually don't become the player McD is, either.

I personally would just stick with McD, contract and all, but it's a close enough call that I do not begrudge Gorton for taking the other side.

Sweets to the sweet, farewell McD.

I agree with the money estimates completely. 7m for 7 is what he will seek (I mean take a look at the dmen not close to McD who have gotten 5m for 5 as UFAs). I believe he would get that from someone, but it might not be where he would want to go. If the Rangers do not trade him, it would take something like 6.5 for 6 to extend him during this summer, when he becomes eligible to sign an extension.

So the issue is, would you rather have McD and such a contract extending until he is 35, with all of the uncertainty about his nagging injuries and natural decline after he is about 32, or would you like a package from a contender instead, with all of the uncertainties regarding late first round picks and blue chip prospects, most of whom do not turn out to be nearly the player McD is, "blue chip" or not? (By waiting until after the season, you increase the chances of getting a young promising NHL player (a Z93) in the deal, but the Z93s of the world usually don't become the player McD is, either.

I personally would just stick with McD, contract and all, but it's a close enough call that I do not begrudge Gorton for taking the other side.

Sweets to the sweet, farewell McD.

I'll take choice B, fine sir!! =)

John Shannon was saying TB will NOT give up anyone in his NHL roster or Cal Foote. So again they must want something for nothing.

They're fuckin ridiculous. BTW, thanks for the good stuff whiskers.

SY wants to win every trade, falls in love with every good asset and will screw up a McD trade until Toronto steps up. He's going for Green it seems.

John Shannon was saying TB will NOT give up anyone in his NHL roster or Cal Foote. So again they must want something for nothing.

Screw him on that. Not that I love Foote, but he just said that about Serg.

OK stevie offer

Raddysh, Katchouk, Howden and your 1st.

You can have McD + something like DD and a 4th rounder

EJ Radek was saying nothing but took a good 3-4 minutes to say it. From the Rangers May have left for the west coast or not, everyone may or may not be on the plane, AV may or may not go. Teams are asking for McD, Miller, Zuccs. Everyone but Lundqvist is available. And he said it all with a straight face.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

EJ Radek was saying nothing but took a good 3-4 minutes to say it. From the Rangers May have left for the west coast or not, everyone may or may not be on the plane, AV may or may not go. Teams are asking for McD, Miller, Zuccs. Everyone but Lundqvist is available. And he said it all with a straight face.

Amazing and Amazing (on Anisimov)

Yzerman is waiting till their is no one left to bid against. And Gorton make no deal. Was this letter really necessary?

Here's my letter.

This year we will likely trade our UFAs instead of being buyers. The rest of the year is gonna suck, but we need some future assets. Thanks for understanding.

Amazing and Amazing (on Anisimov)

Yzerman is waiting till their is no one left to bid against. And Gorton make no deal. Was this letter really necessary?

Here's my letter.

This year we will likely trade our UFAs instead of being buyers. The rest of the year is gonna suck, but we need some future assets. Thanks for understanding.

Giac, I think that's called the "TLDR version"!!! ...and it's true as the day is long!! =)

I'm sure we are down to Fla, Tor, TB if there is any chance of a trade. Nothing else makes sense.

I'm giving 4 to 1 now, but TSN says teams are getting more serious about their offers for McD. Possibly because EK is staying and maybe Green's injury is still a question mark.

If we got that deal from Florida I'd probably faint from excitement

Me too. The 1st needs to be unprotected. They can substitute Heponiemi for Tippett if they want.

I think the Toronto deal would be awesome too. Both are overpaymnents. The TB deal is more fair, but I'm sure too much for SY.

Archived