• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Victims of Head Shots, Staal & Vesey Join Rangers' Injury Parade

For those so quick to mock any anti-Vesey sentiment in Nashville or from their players, exhibit 1 is above.

I never participated a conspiracy theory in my life, not one to believe the refs or league are against anyone or rig anything. As a firmly grounded observer, it sure look like Forsberg had Vesey lined up and then purposely gave him a punishing elbow. You saw the damage and the league gave a first time offender and star player a 3 game suspension.

The refs may have blown it, but the league saw it clear and sent the right message. Not only about blows to the head, but targeting.

Didn’t see the game but Vesey’s didn’t look like a headshot to me. Head down obliteration for sure but pick your damn head up kid!

Staal on the other hand makes me sad. He’s had a bus load of head issues. I wouldn’t be shocked if he was done for the season.

The puck was long gone and the elbow drilled Vesey right in the face.

DVKKwY5X0AI--lS.jpg

Vescey concused, Staal cervical sprain.

Needs attribution.

The Rangers said defenseman Marc Staal has a cervical strain, rather than a concussion, as a result of getting hit in the head by Predators defenseman Alexei Emelin on Saturday in Nashville. Coach Alain Vigneault said he wouldn?t know the severity of the injury until Staal was checked out by the team doctors when they get back to New York, but he did call him ?day-to-day.?

Forward Jimmy Vesey did sustain a concussion when he also was hit in the head on Saturday, a play that earned Nashville forward Filip Forsberg a three-game suspension. Vesey was going through concussion protocol and was with the team in Dallas, going through a light workout on Monday morning.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/rick-nash-gives-rangers-his-trade-list-as-reality-hits/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived