• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marek: Rangers Nearly Had Deal for Fourth Overall in 2016, Wanted Clayton Keller

Phil

It has been rumored that the Rangers were close to making a huge deal at the draft and it fell through at the last moment. Gorton even alluded to it at one point. I suppose this is that move.

I have no doubt that this draft will be similar. Some massive talent this year, I expect the Rangers to be very active.

It has been rumored that the Rangers were close to making a huge deal at the draft and it fell through at the last moment. Gorton even alluded to it at one point. I suppose this is that move.

I have no doubt that this draft will be similar. Some massive talent this year, I expect the Rangers to be very active.

Well, they also nearly had a deal complete for the third overall at the past draft where they were going to take Makar.

Well, they also nearly had a deal complete for the third overall at the past draft where they were going to take Makar.

Oh. That's what I was thinking about. Interesting it's happened two years in a row. I think the time is now to roll the dice and make a splash for that top 3-5 player. Can't be afraid of trading too much now. There's nothing left to lose.

At least they were trying to do something for a potential gamebreaker. Got my hopes up. Phil, remember how pissed I was all off season, especially during expansion and the draft. You told me not to worry we'd get Dahlin. You are such a dreamer. Better manage your expectations.

Didn't we talk about this here already, a month or so ago?

Phil, I believe Step was going to be the main piece going to Edmonton. Marek on SiriusXM mentioned it a while back and Step was the rumored player. It is too bad it did not work out.

I dont recall, but they had just drafted McDavid, had RNH, and Draistaitl. I dont think they were looking for a C, hence why they would trade down if Puljujarvi wasnt on the board.

Oh. That's what I was thinking about. Interesting it's happened two years in a row. I think the time is now to roll the dice and make a splash for that top 3-5 player. Can't be afraid of trading too much now. There's nothing left to lose.

Yeah. If they deal Nash and Grabner for two firsts, even late, I wonder if those plus the Rangers' is enough to move them into the top-five? If not, a Draft-day deal of McDonagh surely would. Miller, plus the Rangers' first might get them there, too, while letting them keep the later picks.

At least they were trying to do something for a potential gamebreaker. Got my hopes up. Phil, remember how pissed I was all off season, especially during expansion and the draft. You told me not to worry we'd get Dahlin. You are such a dreamer. Better manage your expectations.

I know. :(

If they can get one of the big foreign wingers - go for it.

I dont really want to do McDonagh for the 3rd, though. I'd do Miller + for 3rd, though

Same. I want McDonagh to go for now pieces. Miller and the Rangers' first I think should do it. Like if the Rangers are picking, say, 12th or so.

Archived