• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hayes Excels in New Role as Shutdown C with Upside

Ozzy you've always been on the Miller bandwagon for years, but I'm not sure about him either.

That pass he tried on the power play that Getzlaf intercepted and led to Perry's goal was pathetic.

Other than Buchnevich I would trade the entire team for the right offer.

And as much as people will hate this the most overrated player on this team is Zuccs.

Yeah, It was a bad play, but he's been in the dog house under this guy from the word "go". He's not learning anything under this turd, so sure...I can deal with trading him, but his value isn't tremendous. It's only getting worse with numb nuts benching him. At least Nash is making a case to be very valuable to a team come the playoffs....same with Grabby!

Zucc appears to me as if he's not playing as intensely anymore...looks like he's frustrated.

That's a pretty good deal for both sides, Future! You missed your calling dude!! You should be an agent!!!

Question: You give him 5 Years? I would!

Lol, I'd be all for being an agent if I didn't have to go to that pesky little law school. But yea, I don't really mind giving Hayes term, especially if it drives down AAV. His game isn't built on athleticism, so he should be fine playing into his 30s. If you go 6x4.25, you've got him until he's 32 at a price that, even if he's a third liner, isn't going to kill you.

I wouldn't want him to have a full NTC though, that's for sure.

Splitting the difference...Hayes at $4.5 is a pretty good deal, especially when you're going to have at least one ELC center on the roster for the next few seasons. If you've got both Hayes and Zib for less than $10m total, you're in a pretty good spot.

Why? What has Hayes done to earn 4.5 million dollars? Good defense? You pay 4th line money for that. Hayes and Zib shouldn’t even been in the same sentence. Ones productive. The other isn’t.

IMO Hayes is part of the issue here.

Why? What has Hayes done to earn 4.5 million dollars? Good defense? You pay 4th line money for that. Hayes and Zib shouldn’t even been in the same sentence. Ones productive. The other isn’t.

IMO Hayes is part of the issue here.

Ryan Kesler sign a 6-year, $41.25m ($6.875 AAV) coming off of three years with 49, 13, and 43 points. At age 29.

You better believe that a guy who is giving you similar production in the same role, and is only 26 is going to get $4.5m, even if he's not quite as good.

Ryan Kesler sign a 6-year, $41.25m ($6.875 AAV) coming off of three years with 49, 13, and 43 points. At age 29.

You better believe that a guy who is giving you similar production in the same role, and is only 26 is going to get $4.5m, even if he's not quite as good.

I'm riding with you on this one man. I like Hayes and what he brings to the team. The future (in this case) is bright for this kid! ....pun definitely intended!! LOL

Kessler? He’s ten times the player Hayes is. Hayes hasn’t ever eclipsed 32 points. He doesn’t bring anything to the table that Kessler does. Why is he the comparison? Hayes is a 3rd line center who can’t win face offs and plays the game of someone half his size. What about him is worth almost 5m?

Because they play similar games. Comparable dZS/oZS, analytics, and boxcars. They're not clones. They're comparables.

You're also wrong about Hayes' career points numbers, and his faceoff abilities. He had 49 points last season and he's at 49.7% at the dot this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kessler? He’s ten times the player Hayes is. Hayes hasn’t ever eclipsed 32 points. He doesn’t bring anything to the table that Kessler does. Why is he the comparison? Hayes is a 3rd line center who can’t win face offs and plays the game of someone half his size. What about him is worth almost 5m?

Hayes has had at least 45 points in two of his three seasons.

Archived