• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Bastard Executioner on FX

jjweimar

I have watched every episode of this so far. Never have I been a fan of time pieces or anything really historical. This is very interesting thus far. The language they use seems to me to be very accurate and well done. The violence is pretty insane (SOA). I have trouble keeping up with some of the stuff yet I can piece it together at the end, but with the old language it becomes difficult to figure out what people mean at times. I personally really enjoy watching this, and just wanted to see if anyone else has been watching and what their thoughts are on this show at this time.

Sadly I gave up after the first 2 episodes. I just didn't find any interest in it, it didn't wow me and I guess I was looking for SOA in something that obviously is completely different. I'm also not much of a fan of the medieval and Game of Thrones type of genre, but that's not to say I can't be entertained. Maybe I will give it a shot again and go back and watch the season but I don't know

There is only two episodes left in the first season so it is only probably a 7 or 8 episode season which is why I gave it a go and will give it the chance. The stories are starting to come together and I feel there may be a similar theme to SOA here. In my opinion the healer is the mother of the guy that is now the executioner and maybe the baroness ends up being his sister but there is some weird stuff going on.

There is only two episodes left in the first season so it is only probably a 7 or 8 episode season which is why I gave it a go and will give it the chance. The stories are starting to come together and I feel there may be a similar theme to SOA here. In my opinion the healer is the mother of the guy that is now the executioner and maybe the baroness ends up being his sister but there is some weird stuff going on.

Yea I just haven't watched enough to even know what is going on. Like I said I might go back and watch a few if I feel inclined to, we'll see

I did the same, Scags.

I love Kurt Sutter, but this show did nothing for me.

Yea Sutter has fast become one of my favorite writer/producers on television but I just couldn't catch onto this series from him. With SOA I knew from the first 20 minutes that the show had me hooked. That's not to say that every show is like that and I certainly know that some you have to grow into them a little slower. Its not off my docket yet, but its also not on my priority list of must watch

I also felt like the lead character was really poorly cast. I just couldn't connect with him the way I was easily able to with Ragnar Lothbrok, for example, from Vikings.

And much a fan as I was o Katey Sagal from her work on Sons, seeing her in this put a bad taste in my mouth right off the bat.

The same as it would have if all of a sudden Charlie Hunnam was the lead. New projects like this need new faces.

Saw the first three episodes and just wasn'I interested anymore. Peggy's accent is so bad that any scene she is in is unwatchable. Beyond that the story was just not that good and like Phil

Said the lead character is as vanilla as they come.

Really wanted to like this too.

?The Bastard Executioner? is no more. The FX drama series is laying down its sword following Tuesday?s airing of the season one finale.

Series creator and showrunner Kurt Sutter has gone to unusual lengths to salute the hard work that went into producing the show while boldly acknowledging that the ratings weren?t strong enough to justify a renewal.

The sword-and-sackcloth drama about the struggles of warrior knights in 12th century Wales proved to be ?an acquired taste,? by Sutter?s admission. And ?Bastard? was produced on much more than a Medieval budget. ?We did not hold back from showing the brutality of living in 1325 Wales,? he told Variety.

Sutter and FX Networks CEO John Landgraf had a candid conversation recently that sealed the decision about the show.

?The numbers just didn?t sustain the cost of the show, quite frankly,? Sutter said. ?It?s all math at the end of the day. We couldn?t establish that core audience that allows you to figure out your advertising paradigm and whether or not the show is affordable.?

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/bastard-executioner-canceled-fx-1201642650/

Archived