• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

20 Years Since Kurt Cobain's Death

Parsley

April 5th, 1994 (found dead the 8th)...

As a teen and huge fan of Nirvana, this was a very tough tragedy to fully comprehend. I remember confusion, sorrow, anger and sadness that lasted for days. I remember playing all the Nirvana's CDs on my "boom box" over and over again as it was my way to cope.

Such a major loss to not only the music world, but more importantly to his family/friends. He had a rough childhood and even with fame and admiration the mental stress he was under was too overwhelming. RIP Kurt.

[video=youtube_share;vc-TsvGSe0c]http://youtu.be/vc-TsvGSe0c

His death was the first real major "shock" to my life. I was ten years old, and really starting to get into music. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Metallica, etc. were all gateways for me. In a lot of ways, I'm glad I was probably too young for it to hit me as hard as it hit older fans who had more mature relationships with the band.

His death was the first real major "shock" to my life. I was ten years old, and really starting to get into music. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Metallica, etc. were all gateways for me. In a lot of ways, I'm glad I was probably too young for it to hit me as hard as it hit older fans who had more mature relationships with the band.

Same here, I had no fucking clue how to react. I was 15 at the time and luckily had very little death "around me" up to that point. Kurt and Nirvana were by far my favorite musicians at the time. Real tough couple of days....

So many great videos that can be posted in this thread, I don't even know where to begin. The unplugged set is just phenomenal.

http://youtu.be/9pb8iLS18wo

I still can't believe that it's 20 years already man. Such a terrible loss. I still listen to them all the time on my iPod. Their Unplugged performance is the greatest one MTV has ever had, no one will ever top that. I remember they were supposed to play Lolapolozza that summer and we were set to get tickets, so pissed I never got to see them live.

Archived