• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Growing Thread

Pete

They were seriously so easy. I thought they would get big and I planted too close together. They seriously need hardly any space and they don't even grow tall. They just overlap each other and make a big beautiful mess of beans. And yeah you're right they're also very light feeders. Bugs dont seem to bother them either, unlike my eggplants (notice the yellow sticky traps).

While I love flower gardens, this was the first year I experimented with some veggies, mainly as a cool experiment for my 3 year old to watch as they grow from seeds which we started in April. She's really loving this stage where the green tomatoes and peppers emerge and they slowly change color. She's so eager to pick them.

-Hot peppers

-Cherry tomatoes

http://oi43.tinypic.com/x23pg4.jpg

Those peppers are looking so awesome

Thanks. I love their color. Amazing transformation from green to orange to fire red. They are hot as hell too. I think I'm going to make some fresh crushed pepper from them in a couple of weeks. Otherwise, I can throw them in chili or a sauce for pasta. Tomatoes are tiny, but real good in a salad for a pop. I'm not a huge tomato fan, but the small ones I can handle since they are not as "meaty". Just a quick hit of tomato flavor.

Archived