• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

United health Care NY

cousin

General question: Hope someone can shed some light.

My friend was asking about United Ny health care. He has an appointment with HR in the morning and has to choose plans.

Do basic in network PPO medical plans include prescription benefits? I know employers devise their own plans and they will vary but what is the norm around the city? The web site was not very helpful.

Thanks

They make no mention a prescription coverage per say only that in the out of network plan it says preventive prescriptions require no co pay.

I guess he'll find out in the morning. I was curious as to the norm around the city. It's never that cut and dry.

insurance is the most confusing thing in the world as far as I am concerned

This, and trying to get answers from them is even worse. When something gets fucked up, the insurance company blames the doctor, and the doctor blames the insurance company. When picking a new insurance company, the best thing to look for is how they handle outside the plan doctors, because if your ever in the ER, this can come back to bite you.

This, and trying to get answers from them is even worse. When something gets fucked up, the insurance company blames the doctor, and the doctor blames the insurance company. When picking a new insurance company, the best thing to look for is how they handle outside the plan doctors, because if your ever in the ER, this can come back to bite you.

I have been taken to collections twice by doctors/medical labs because my insurance wouldn't pay them even though i was covered. TWICE! You pay a large monthly fee, a deductible, and then they send you a bill and don't pay what you are covered for anyway. Biggest scam of our life time.

Archived