• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[SPOILER] A Dance With Dragons Thread

Phil

Please use this thread to discuss any and all topics related to A Dance With Dragons and beyond.

The use of the SPOILER tag is at your own discretion, though we'd suggest you do so based on the fact that not everyone reading this forum may have finished reading the series through to the end of A Dance With Dragons.

• 1 month later...

so what we know about Coldhands:

He died "very long ago"

He can control animals

Calls Sam "brother", so likely was in Nights Watch

It seems as if the only evidence for him being Benjen is that he apparently was in the Nights Watch and is dead. There are like 4-5 brothers who have disappeared north of the wall and there isnt too much evidence pointing towards it being Benjen as opposed to Waymar Royce or Will, for example. Plus he at least wouldve been somewhat recognizable by Bran, even if only by voice, but that didnt seem to happen. I feel its more likely that hes the Last Hero or the Night's King, or someone completely different/probably not overly important.

Besides, Benjen just seems too obvious and when does the obvious occur in this saga haha

Most of the working theories I've read on the Coldhands identity all reject the Benjen claim (which I admit, was always somewhat weak — if he was Benejn, why not just reveal himself right away to Bran to gain his trust?). The three most popular are that he's the original Night's King, Bran the Builder or a really interesting one that says he's a random Crow-turned-Walker who's actually being warged by Bloodraven.

if he isnt Benjen then its probably likely that he will be used to help explain what happened to him. Or Bran will just use greensight and watch whatever happened.

Him being warged by Bloodraven is interesting and I havent heard it before. All I've heard was that Coldhands was Bloodraven which doesnt make sense.

if he isnt Benjen then its probably likely that he will be used to help explain what happened to him. Or Bran will just use greensight and watch whatever happened.

Him being warged by Bloodraven is interesting and I havent heard it before. All I've heard was that Coldhands was Bloodraven which doesnt make sense.

I can see this happening. I think any other way would be slightly "cheesy". I hate when writers/stories tie up loose ends just to tie up loose ends.

• 7 months later...

Archived