• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chi Cheng, Deftones Bassist Passes Away

Phil

http://www.underthegunreview.net/2013/04/13/chi-cheng-deftones-bassist-passes-away/

We have some sad news to report tonight, it seems that Deftones bassist Chi Cheng has passed away.

After a car accident in Santa Clara, CA back in 2008, Chi suffered major injuries. He was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle. This accident left Cheng in a coma.

In 2010, the musician showed improvement, responding to commands and moving his legs. After showing more signs of rehabilitation, he was moved to his home for recovery.

Cheng died last night at 3am in the hospital.

--

Ugh. RIP. Just heart-breaking stuff.

Finally had time to reflect on this. Very sad. As one of my favorite bands, I'm happy I got to see Chi and the band together in concert back in 2003 after the release of the self-titled album. They really made beautiful music together.

I always hoped Chi would make a full recovery. Enough to play with the band at least one more time.

I'll never forget seeing them in Asbury park. I remember standing so close to the stage that Chi's dreads were in whipping distance (They were past his knees at that point)

Archived