• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Killswitch Engage Back with Jesse Leach

Phil

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/06/its-official-jesse-leach-is-back-in-killswitch-engage/

Have you checked out KillswitchEngage.com today? We?re not sure how long it?s been there, but as of the time this article is being published there?s a splash screen up with a photo of the band ? including original lead singer Jesse Leach. While the band has yet to release a statement via their website, Facebook page, press release or any other medium, a photo is worth 1,000 words and we can?t think of any other possible way this could be construed.

After Howard Jones? departure on January 4th, asking Leach back into the band seemed like only logical course of action; 3rd vocalists never work out, and duh, it just makes sense given all the history and Leach?s recent relationship with the other band members. Welcome back, Jesse!

Yes! I get to be a fan of this band again!

:m:

Thank god! They're awful without him...

Couldn't agree more.

Leach was the heart and soul of that group.

Jones I've always felt was one of the most overrated "voices" in metal. Nothing he ever did impressed me very much, aside from maybe a cover or two here or there. I wasn't a fan of Blood Has Been Shed, and I was an anti-fan of KSE when Jones was picked up. I gave up on them after Alive or Just Breathing, which IMO was the best record the band ever produced.

The difference between Leach and Jones is striking to me, but more importantly, the difference between Leach-era KSE and Jones-era KSE is even more striking because the loss of Leach turned what was a very promising melodic metal band into a Howard Jones-inspired melodic metalcore band (which also explains their meteoric rise, post-Leach).

For me, the musical quality with Leach were much deeper and less gimmicky (something I feel 98% of metalcore hinges on).

Couldn't agree more.

Leach was the heart and soul of that group.

Jones I've always felt was one of the most overrated "voices" in metal. Nothing he ever did impressed me very much, aside from maybe a cover or two here or there. I wasn't a fan of Blood Has Been Shed, and I was an anti-fan of KSE when Jones was picked up. I gave up on them after Alive or Just Breathing, which IMO was the best record the band ever produced.

The difference between Leach and Jones is striking to me, but more importantly, the difference between Leach-era KSE and Jones-era KSE is even more striking because the loss of Leach turned what was a very promising melodic metal band into a Howard Jones-inspired melodic metalcore band (which also explains their meteoric rise, post-Leach).

For me, the musical quality with Leach were much deeper and less gimmicky (something I feel 98% of metalcore hinges on).

Very true. I stopped listening to them once I heard he left.

I liked both Leach and Jones. I've seen them live with either one, and Jones was definitely a better live voice. Sad to hear he left the band over his severe diabetes. Best wishes to him and glad Jesse came back to take the job.

I long left metalcore as a fan, but KSE is still awesome.

Archived