• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Car Insurance

Blue Heaven

Im currently with Geico paying $1200 for 6 months for 2 cars (wife's and mine). My wife got a call from her old insurance broker for her car before we got married and they want her (us) back. Her dad uses them. They quoted us at $844 for the same policy and even have a couple of other extra's like rental reimbursement and emergency road service which is something im not getting with Geico. Do you think if I call Geico and tell them I have a better offer they would match? If I do jump ship does Geico reimburse me $$$ since Im cancelling before the 6 months is up (policy ends in March)?

Thanks

Geico reimburses you on a prorated basis for the coverage you didn't "use". They can't negotiate prices, once they have your info it is what it is. the computer spits out a number. The reason you get better deals with other companies is based on a few things, namely how much they paid out in claims recently and the "risk" they are willing to assume. That's how the policy is underwritten.

Geico reimburses you on a prorated basis for the coverage you didn't "use". They can't negotiate prices, once they have your info it is what it is. the computer spits out a number. The reason you get better deals with other companies is based on a few things, namely how much they paid out in claims recently and the "risk" they are willing to assume. That's how the policy is underwritten.

gotcha, thanks!

Dont even bother trying to haggle with Geico, take the better deal. Geico is awful, glad I left them when I did.

This. I had them and dropped them because I got way better deal with State Farm, more coverage and I am paying less than GEICO. Also, if you get your homeowners insurance along with your car insurance, you also get a discount on everything.

Archived