• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Florida Mother Kills Infant Son in Murder-Suicide Attempt, Police Say

Pete

First comment says it all.

If she'd already been arrested for battery why was the infant still under her control?

The report claims she struck her boyfriend. I would think they would indicate that it was the babies father, if it were the same person. In that sense, I don't think hitting someone else would mean one couldnt care for their own child. That would be up to the police/Social Worker to decide.

Regardless, RIP little one.

The report claims she struck her boyfriend. I would think they would indicate that it was the babies father, if it were the same person. In that sense, I don't think hitting someone else would mean one couldnt care for their own child. That would be up to the police/Social Worker to decide.

Regardless, RIP little one.

With a fucking baseball bat, dude. That's not just assault. That's aggravated assault, borderline battery.

You hit your significant other in a domestic dispute with a baseball bat where you weren't defending your life and sorry, but you don't get to have a kid anymore if I had anything to do with it.

Postpartum depression is no joke. Although this makes me sick to my stomach, this girl needed help. Now it's too late.

Yup. Another black mark on the non-existant mental health services available to the majority of Americans that's going to get spun and used as propaganda in the gun control debate. I wouldn't disagree that this woman shouldn't have had access to a weapon, but this is a mental health issue first and foremost. She already had a domestic violence/assault charge on her record. She needed help, and likely to have her child taken away from her for it's own safety by the state.

With a fucking baseball bat, dude. That's not just assault. That's aggravated assault, borderline battery.

You hit your significant other in a domestic dispute with a baseball bat where you weren't defending your life and sorry, but you don't get to have a kid anymore if I had anything to do with it.

I dont know the situation. Maybe the BF was drunk and threatening her kid. Like I said, that was for the Police and or Social Worker to figure out.

I dont know the situation. Maybe the BF was drunk and threatening her kid. Like I said, that was for the Police and or Social Worker to figure out.

True. I'm probably judging this with far too little evidence on my side, but I see assault and baseball bat in the same sentence and I just don't really see that much room for positivity there.

Yup. Another black mark on the non-existant mental health services available to the majority of Americans that's going to get spun and used as propaganda in the gun control debate. I wouldn't disagree that this woman shouldn't have had access to a weapon, but this is a mental health issue first and foremost. She already had a domestic violence/assault charge on her record. She needed help, and likely to have her child taken away from her for it's own safety by the state.

Yes, and it was only a few weeks prior to this incident. Something should have been done.

Archived