• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Damon Lindelof Will Not Write 'Prometheus' Sequel

Phil

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/20/damon-lindelof-prometheus/

Much of the disappointment surrounding this summer’s Prometheus wound up centering on the Alien sorta-prequel’s co-screenwriter, Damon Lindelof, who was already a geek punching-bag for the curious crime of co-creating one of the most popular geek-themed TV shows ever and then failing to deliver a perfect ending. Lindelof has always been a good sport about the negative fandom. In an interview with Collider, the writer-producer genially explains: “Much to the delight of all the fanboys, I don’t see myself being involved in Prometheus-er.” Which is to say: Lindelof is no longer involved in the vaguely-planned but heavily-hinted-at sequel toPrometheus. After noting that he has been working on next year’s Star Trek sequel, a new TV show, and the mysterious 1952 project (a collaboration between Lindelof and Entertainment Weekly writer Jeff Jensen, with Brad Bird currently slated to direct), Lindelof explains:

“I can’t do what J.J. [Abrams] does. I don’t have the capability. I’m usually very single-minded creatively. I can only be working on one thing at a time. So I said to [Ridley Scott], ‘I really don’t think I could start working on this movie until I do this other stuff. And I don’t know when the other stuff is going to be done.’ And he was like, “Well, okay, it’s not like I asked you anyways.” He and I are on excellent terms and it was a dream come true to work with him.”

A representative for Twentieth Century Fox confirms that Lindelof is not currently involved in aPrometheus sequel. Even putting aside the furor over his involvement, it’s understandable that Lindelof would want to move onto a different project. This past summer, at Zachary Levi’s Comic-Con sideshow Nerd HQ, Lindelof compared his role in Prometheus to that of a sous-chef, explaining that he translated Ridley Scott’s vision while rewriting the original script by Jon Spaihts, and expressed his hope to work on his own material going forward.

Archived