• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Wedding in Bellport, Honeymoon in Laguna Niguel

Phil

I'm heading down to Aruba soon for the honeymoon. I have to call and mention to the hotel that's why we're coming. Did you mention it anywhere else? I know people say mention it at the airport and whatnot? Does that actually work to get bumped up if there's room?

Room looks awesome by the way! Congrats!

I'm heading down to Aruba soon for the honeymoon. I have to call and mention to the hotel that's why we're coming. Did you mention it anywhere else? I know people say mention it at the airport and whatnot? Does that actually work to get bumped up if there's room?

It can't hurt. Absolutely mention it to your hotel before you even get in — they'll often bump you up right there on the phone. My wife did it and we went from a pool-facing view to an ocean-facing one, without paying even a penny more. We also got all sorts of added foods, appetizers, deserts, etc. sent to us complimentary throughout our stay.

You can try the airline (we did too), but it's not as likely to work the way you see it work in movies because unless you're on a much larger commercial airline with a much larger first class cabin, the six or eight seats in first class are likely already reserved, and they won't push any of them out for you and your wife. At best they may offer you an isle or window seat if you have middle seats currently, or offer to give you the emergency row where there is more leg room.

Congrats to you Phil! Pictures look beautiful. Did you venture out much in socal? Haha

Venture out where? We went over to Laguna, saw Main Beach, did whale watching off Dana Point, a sea hike over Dana Point itself, toward the Dana Point harbor, etc.

Did Aruba for my honeymoon. It was awesome! Enjoy!

Venture out where? We went over to Laguna, saw Main Beach, did whale watching off Dana Point, a sea hike over Dana Point itself, toward the Dana Point harbor, etc.

Yeah that's all I was asking. Just checking to see what you did outside of the awesome room/bed. The sea hike you're talking about.. is that at the marine park or is it that long stretch just south of the harbor? Is that just to protect it or can you walk out there?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=les%3Bcesh&cp=12&gs_id=1a&xhr=t&q=dana+point+harbor&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=35466521&biw=1440&bih=663&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

The sea hike we did went south along Strands Beach, through Strands Vista Park, through Dana Point Marine Life Refuge and through to Harbor Point Park. If you head up Pacific Coast Highway, north toward Main Beach/Laguna there's a number of other hikes and tours you can participate in that'll take you through Crystal Cove and Laguna Coast Parks.

Parts of the hike are open to walk through, but they've sealed off and built in paths through a large stretch due to a number of endangered species being found over the last few years. They also wanted to combat the housing projects going on to preserve what's left of the natural land in the area, so they had a lot of it protected by the State.

Nice! Must have been beautiful. I did a short hike at Torrey Pines guided by my friend's uncle who is some kind of ranger character there.. and it was really different than other hikes I've been on. Something about being right on the ocean like that but not on a beach like you normally are. I'd love to do some more when I go out there next.

Nice! Must have been beautiful. I did a short hike at Torrey Pines guided by my friend's uncle who is some kind of ranger character there.. and it was really different than other hikes I've been on. Something about being right on the ocean like that but not on a beach like you normally are. I'd love to do some more when I go out there next.

I really wanted to head up to Crystal Cove, but we didn't have time, so at whatever point we get back out there, I'm definitely heading up to do it.

Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook can see, like, comment whatever them there, but I'll share with everyone here regardless, even if you don't know half the people in the photos anyway.

Just some of my favorites:

59793_3785059100370_325973938_n.jpg

602278_3785059500380_409427457_n.jpg

270592_3785062900465_859400883_n.jpg

548456_3785064180497_1574339069_n.jpg

189092_3785069260624_1016437182_n.jpg

318721_3785073980742_1944014788_n.jpg

314246_3785074740761_1603112161_n.jpg

60773_3785077380827_1000224811_n.jpg

643965_3785111181672_336961033_n.jpg

And I'm sure you guys will love this one:

317829_3785078180847_2033719546_n.jpg